GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline (Two Sabres trades!!)

How many trades do the Sabres make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
oh ok, but not sure either of those conditions really get met. Stars getting to WCF is still a longshot & they should just look for a similar UFA and keep their 1st.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
oh ok, but not sure either of those conditions really get met. Stars getting to WCF is still a longshot & they should just look for a similar UFA and keep their 1st.

What might be buried in the fine print is if dallas traded his rights similar to the Miller /Ott trade where St. Louis 3rd coukd be a 1st if resigned or rights traded.

Zucchini wasn’t getting a 1st unless a team really wanted him and didn’t care.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Acquire Stone without giving up Reinhart, and this tdl will be arguably the greatest ever.

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
Acquire Stone without giving up Reinhart, and this tdl will be arguably the greatest ever.

The liklihood of the Sabres going all in for Stone is minimal. Could we beat the other offers? Probably. But get Stone, resign him for 10+? Then sign skinner for a minimum of 9+? I cant see it being something Botterill will go after with any force

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The liklihood of the Sabres going all in for Stone is minimal. Could we beat the other offers? Probably. But get Stone, resign him for 10+? Then sign skinner for a minimum of 9+? I cant see it being something Botterill will go after with any force

It's the trade deadline. Let us dream for a moment before we have our hearts crushed.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
post/handle :laugh:

yeah I don't see them being in the Stone sweepstakes sadly.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Zucker being shopped. With the bargain bin prices MIN has been moving players out for, I hope Botts givs them a call. I'm fairly convinced last season was a career year for Zucker, but he'd still be a useful player for us.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I envision the Toronto hotel being similar to the bachelorette meets speed dating ...players called out of the main room then they watch to see who’s suitcase gets taken....

Reactions: Dingo44

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No way should stone be getting the same or More as Eichel AAV.

I envision Beaulieu for a 4th. Poms for a 3rd/4th. Sabres acquiring a bottom 6 forward with toughness.

What Id LIKE to see is Guhle, Nylander and a 2nd or two used to acquire a 2nd line winger and a true 3C.

And of course Skinner extended the right after the TDL for 8.5 x 8 with a NMC first 4 years.

I look at trading for and then extending Skinner as a TDL move. I would not approach Skinner about waiving his NMC for any less then 2 1sts+top prospect. If Duchene got a 1st+conditional 1st then I would want more considering Skinner is younger, a top 3 goal scorer this year and coming into 2018 had the same amount of 60+ point seasons as Duchene. Pretty much only trading Skinner if its an overpayment or will not extend.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
6 points out. Game in hand. Deadline on Monday. Are we buying or selling?

If this team was firmly in a playoff spot I could have seen us going after B level rentals. I could still see us trading Nylander, 2nds or Guhle in a trade for a middle 6 forward with term. If Nylander could be used in a trade for say AA from Detroit then I would be all over it. If Nylander isn't getting any games at all and players like Smith and DOR getting call ups over him then I do not expect Nylander to be long for this organization. Would be great if we could add a top 6 forward with 2-3 years left for Nylander+Guhle+2nd that would be great.

This team needs 28-30 of the possible 42 points. Unless we string off a 5-6 game streak right now then I expect us to fall just short whilst making it if we were in the West. Thats the way the cookie crumbles some times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad