GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline (Two Sabres trades!!)

How many trades do the Sabres make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Yepp, time to start thinking about next year.
I'm happy with that Botts did. No reason the chase, we are not their yet. We need a second line Center, or hope Mitts continues to develop.

We have 4 maybe 5 "top 6" players, we need at second line center. Maybe try to sign Hayes in the offseason for 5-6 mil a year. and skinner at 8-9. Erod gets a raise to 2-3. Pomms contact is gone. I think we can make it work. are D get a year older and continue to develop. same with the Goalies. I think we are in good shape.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
He was pretty clear on his phone call he has all his roots planted in Ottawa and didn't want to leave. So either he's a huge liar, or Ottawa is cheap. The latter doesn't have a good history at being wrong. AAV was 9.5 for 8 years on Vegas deal

I believe I read there was issues with Dorian (Melnyk) not wanting to make the contract bonus heavy.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Wish we had gotten Granlund. Fenton's been getting ripped off left and right.

He seems to want 1 for 1 hockey trades and has very specific targets, even if they're downgrades.

Unfortunately every forward on this team outside of our untouchables are either prospects that have proven nothing in the NHL or garbage vets.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Sekeres tweeted that the Utica coach didn’t like Dahlén and wanted him gone.
Dahlén is the same kid that decided to stay in the second division to bring his team to the SHL and did it. Completely crushed it in the qualification round which are probably the most high pressure games you find in hockey. Losing often means a lot of people you know losing their jobs.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Dahlin is our only dman above 50%. Bogo next at 48, everyone else below.

I hope ozone starts > 50% isn't what it will take for him to be successful.

If it is, so be it. I just think that with the very positive reaction most people had in a deal in which we gave up guhle and a first (I don't think either have a ton of value but still), he should be serviceable regardless of zone starts.

Edit: I guess the crux of it for me is just that I'm wary of getting as excited as many people are based on the numbers. I don't want to say he'll be bad, but im not fully on board with the very strong praise of the deal just yet
Its not so much X% zone starts equals offense as much as being used on a pair with an offensive usage.

As an example in the 505mins Dahlin/Bogo have been together they have a 56.73% OZS%. Usually their counterpart in the top 4 xxx/Risto has been in the low 40% range. Put Montour with Dahlin in the same usage and lets see what happens.

I get your reluctance to get overly excited about Montour. I’m also in wait and see mode myself. A lot will depend on how he is used and who he plays with. I’m just saying I wouldn’t dismiss his potential based on his numbers with the Ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad