GDT: 2019 Trade Deadline (Two Sabres trades!!)

How many trades do the Sabres make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
This is the first year I haven't spent any time worrying about the lack of trade news. I'm used to the current era of "wait until 2:30pm and then watch 15 trades get made all at once"

Exactly. Been a super productive day at work!

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Lemiuex, Guhle, and Pu all traded so far. Lot of Murray's crap drafting disappointing in their various locales.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Was thinking that as I typed it. My most vivid memory of last season is Beaulieu's drop pass on the PP to the PKer that put it in on a shorthanded breakaway, in game 2 or 3. Really set the tone for the year.

That pker was Tavares, of all the people you want to give a free breakaway to...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Lemiuex, Guhle, and Pu all traded so far. Lot of Murray's crap drafting disappointing in their various locales.

Traded =/= disappointing.

By all accounts, Lemieux is progressing very nicely but couldn't get into that Jets lineup. My guess is that he legit establishes himself in New York. Guhle was also getting lost in our shuffle -- Anaheim might give him a better chance..........and you have to give to get.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
My biggest concern with Toffoli is him hitting UFA in '20/21 at 28. What's that contract going to look like? And he's not exactly the greatest skater, how will that look at age 28-33?

Heck, if the price is a 2nd and Borgen, sign me up, even if he walks in 2021, that’s still great value if he helps complete a legitimate top 6.

If Mitts/Reinhart can grow together, Toffoli might be a great fit with Eichel and Skinner to be a versatile dangerous line.

If it’s a lot more expensive, then I’m with you.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Heck, if the price is a 2nd and Borgen, sign me up, even if he walks in 2021, that’s still great value if he helps complete a legitimate top 6.

If Mitts/Reinhart can grow together, Toffoli might be a great fit with Eichel and Skinner to be a versatile dangerous line.

If it’s a lot more expensive, then I’m with you.

Toffoli for Nylander and a 2nd would be similar to the Montour trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad