Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
@samuelluckhurst
#mufc will look to sell at least one centre-back, since they now have seven. Tried to get rid of Rojo in three of the last four summers and would sell him this summer. Smalling has fallen down the pecking order, given lack of minutes in pre-season and new style of play.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Sarri posturing through the media that Dybala's not in his plans after saying he won't meet with him to discuss his future. That's one way to say "we don't want you". Bet that's sitting well with his camp.

For the record, I think Dybala is his best right behind the striker as a 10 or as a false 9.

Sell Big Rom and make Martial the center forward. He will shit on the PL if he stays healthy and plays striker full time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sarri posturing through the media that Dybala's not in his plans after saying he won't meet with him to discuss his future. That's one way to say "we don't want you". Bet that's sitting well with his camp.

For the record, I think Dybala is his best right behind the striker as a 10 or as a false 9.

Sell Big Rom and make Martial the center forward. He will **** on the PL if he stays healthy and plays striker full time.

He’s not at his best at 10, he has to play striker or false 9 to be best used.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
At his best is linking up with the #10 behind him. Potting in goals and creating for his teammates.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
We'll see what happens. All conjecture until we see him holding up a red shirt in front of Old Trafford.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Amoyal is Di Marzio's editor so this more or comes out from him.

Considering the lack of Pogba rumors fernandes doesn’t seem like the type of CM we should be targeting. I’d love him but a b2b or DM would be more of a priority I would’ve thought.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's not mocked any more because people got tired of mocking it, not because it's been more worth it.
Money really isn't an issue for these clubs, people make too big a deal about transfer fees. It would be better for United to way overpay on a legit upgrade than find a more fair price for someone that is only a moderate upgrade or not an upgrade at all. I'd rather overpay for a legitimately good player, than pass and spend less on someone that won't improve the roster forcing you to spend big money against in a season or 2.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Money really isn't an issue for these clubs, people make too big a deal about transfer fees. It would be better for United to way overpay on a legit upgrade than find a more fair price for someone that is only a moderate upgrade or not an upgrade at all. I'd rather overpay for a legitimately good player, than pass and spend less on someone that won't improve the roster forcing you to spend big money against in a season or 2.

The team would have to be sure that the player they're overpaying is a legit upgrade or else it could hamper their financial ability for future transfers.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal should win the Champions League before their fans discuss our transfers
Liverpool should win the Premier League before their fans discuss our transfers
I don’t think any of the LFC fans on here are happy about their window, but come on. What trophy do you get for having a good transfer window on paper?

Arsenal trying to copy 13-14 Liverpool so I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.
I mean, obviously what I said is absurd, but no more absurd than intimating that Arsenal can't comment on Man U's big ole signing because we have a worse backline (and finished above them nonetheless)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Money isn't an issue is false. Utd are hurting with the wages given out to Alexis. No one wants their dead weight players besides Juventus it seems. How else do you think Chris Smalling and Phil Jones are closing in on 8+ years with Utd?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The team would have to be sure that the player they're overpaying is a legit upgrade or else it could hamper their financial ability for future transfers.
Well, that was my whole point. Overpaying for legitimately good players that upgrade the roster is not really an issue.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think from a career standpoint it is best for Dybala if he stays at Juve or goes to a team in Spain.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think from a career standpoint it is best for Dybala if he stays at Juve or goes to a team in Spain.
Juve clearly don’t want him, Atleti wouldn’t be a good move. Madrid are filled while barca are Norns interested right now. He’s 2 years away from barca

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Juve clearly don’t want him, Atleti wouldn’t be a good move. Madrid are filled while barca are Norns interested right now. He’s 2 years away from barca
There are more than 3 teams in La Liga. And I think he should still stick to Juve as he's their only creative offensive option. He could play with a chip on his shoulder and should be able to play himself back to the XI. While Atletico isn't an ideal fit, I think it is a better option than Man Utd and the English style of game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
There are more than 3 teams in La Liga. And I think he should still stick to Juve as he's their only creative offensive option. He could play with a chip on his shoulder and should be able to play himself back to the XI. While Atletico isn't an ideal fit, I think it is a better option than Man Utd and the English style of game.
There are not more than three teams in La Liga for a player of Dybala’s quality.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot