Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

What a weird Liverpool career Mignolet had. He could stop a shot but never really instill confidence in his team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Van de Beek to Madrid as good as done. Will be reported after Ajax played their games against PAOK. Rumored fee somewhere around 60M.

I hate the move. I think Donnie is more replaceable than Frenkie or Matthijs, especially if Ziyech stays, but his work ethic, passion and offensive awareness will still be missed greatly. He's no Galáctico, but these assets are exactly what Madrid needs and the reason why I can see this marriage work out. Somewhat hesitant because I think Donnie lacks quickness and overall skill, but we'll see.

Donnie became increasingly more important for Ajax after starting the season as a benchwarmer. In the end, I think he was the 6th or 7th most important Ajacied. I would've liked him on board for another full season. I think he would be even better and more ready for a big move such as this one then.

With his departure, Ajax now lost it's entire starting midfield and will have an entire new CB pairing as well, with Blind moving into Frenkie's spot. They've hauled in over 250M on transfermoney this summer so far. With Ziyech (Bayern München), Neres (Man United) and Veltman (West Ham United) still as strong possibilities to leave Amsterdam, that figure might get close to 350. I hope Dolberg joins them, too.
I know you mentioned Neres to United. Has there been any reliable links there?

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Arsenal £55m bid for Upamecano is turned down according to BILD

Upamecano is on that kind of level Arsenal need in a new CB to solve our defensive problem once and for all. He would probably cost more than Maguire though so it's basically a waste of time at this point. Just give Celtic what they want for Tierney, try to secure top 4, buy that world class CB next summer and go for the title in 20/21.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I know you mentioned Neres to United. Has there been any reliable links there?

Mostly foreign links, but where there's smoke, there's fire. Neres also wouldn't upgrade and extend his current contract, like Onana and Tagliafico did for instance. Good chance he stays, but if United pulls through I can see Overmars agreeing on a fee of 50/60M. He already got Promes as his replacement, so it seems as if he's prepared for his department already.

how much do you think ajax can get for him?

and do you know how much money ajax got from Champions League? I figure 50M

Ajax declined offers of 50M for him barely two years ago. I think he's barely worth 20 now. Sell Neres and Dolberg for 75M and buy Stengs, Boadu and Bergwijn for less. I'd be a happy camper.

Ajax received about 93M this CL campaign.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Kemar Roofe from Leeds to Anderlecht for €7m is done

Meanwhile Anderlecht are looking to sell Sebastiaan Bornauw (CV, 20 y.o.) to Köln, also for €7m

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
To be fair that seems like it won’t happen anymore.
I’m still holding out hope. I did see somewhere on twitter yesterday (or maybe I dreamed it who knows?) that Juve we’re offering Matuidi+Mandzukic+cash for Lukaku. I’d actually be really okay with that. Getting two contributing players for a player that definitely won’t be returning (he’s training with Anderlecht today) is something that we would need to do. Yes both are bandaids for the problem (similar to Matic a few years ago) but both would play a part for us.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
To be fair that seems like it won’t happen anymore.
Yep, sounds like Dybala blocked the move, which I suspected would happen from the get go. Oh well, C'est la vie.

Matuidi, Mario, and Cash for Lukaku would be a decent haul, but that would go against Ole's transfer policy thus far this window.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m still holding out hope. I did see somewhere on twitter yesterday (or maybe I dreamed it who knows?) that Juve we’re offering Matuidi+Mandzukic+cash for Lukaku. I’d actually be really okay with that. Getting two contributing players for a player that definitely won’t be returning (he’s training with Anderlecht today) is something that we would need to do. Yes both are bandaids for the problem (similar to Matic a few years ago) but both would play a part for us.

I wouldn’t mind it. Definitely makes the squad older, but having a Matuidi type mid(but younger) is exactly what we need. I guess it would depend on how much cash they’re offering because at this point Rom has to go. Can’t bring back a player you tried this hard to move.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal £55m bid for Upamecano is turned down according to BILD
Lol, at least we're trying even if he does have a 100 million pound buyout clause...

Upamecano is on that kind of level Arsenal need in a new CB to solve our defensive problem once and for all. He would probably cost more than Maguire though so it's basically a waste of time at this point. Just give Celtic what they want for Tierney, try to secure top 4, buy that world class CB next summer and go for the title in 20/21.
Yeah, I don't want to force a move now if next year someone like Skriniar, Romagnoli, Umtiti, Akanji, Tah, or Dias could be available and for perhaps a potentially cheaper deal. I mean don't get me wrong, I would pony up 90 million for Skriniar or Diop next year instead of 70 million for Upamecano this year. Plus I think Dias has some potential to be better than anyone on this list and could be a much better target when he gets another season of important first team minutes and develops.

However, if Upamecano is their target either for this year or next year, just buy him as soon as possible because there is a good chance that Leipzig will want more money for him next summer window. As for the Tierney deal, I've read that it has been potentially frozen as Kieran might be out up to two months due to double hernia surgery.

I won't be surprised if they pull this off.

Yeah, if Leipzig likes installments I wouldn't be surprised if this deal gets done as fast as the Pepe one did. I think this preseason was an absolute blessing in disguise, Mustafi falling off a cliff and Kos going into teenage girl rebel mode might've increased Arsenal's desperation for money from Kroenke.

Now with that said, I will need to see it to believe it for Arsenal to spend more than 100+ million pounds in one transfer window. I would be mindblown even if the payment comes in installments.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
From Cancelo to Danilo lol

Yeah......Now we have no staring RB except a backup and City/Real reject. The kicker is Danilo signed a 5 year contract worth 4 million a year, 1 million more than Cancelo. I don't even know the thought process behind this sale. Juve also lost 10 million because he was bought for 40.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad