• Matej Pekar, C

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21), Casey Fitzgerald (03/26/22).

-Jonas Johansson will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Rankings
1. Dylan Cozens, C (nr): 48 of 73 votes (65.8%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (8 votes)
2. Victor Olofsson, LW (+1): 39 of 105 votes (37.1%). Runner up, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (31 votes)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson, Erik Portillo

D: Ivan Chukarov,* Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Christopher Brown,* Filip Cederqvist, Marcus Davidsson, Vasili Glotov, Aaron Huglen, Connor Hurley,* Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Lukas Rousek, Arttu Ruotsalainen, C.J. Smith, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman*

*rights held through 08/15/19 (maybe?)

Last edited:

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Tons of recency bias on this board it seems. I would have put UPL #1, a potential stud starting goaltender in the making.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Tons of recency bias on this board it seems. I would have put UPL #1, a potential stud starting goaltender in the making.
I don't think it's recency bias for me. Maybe prospect goalie bias. The ceiling is there but the likelihood is a question mark. With the stacked ROC defense, UPL has an opportunity to continue to dominate. I'd love to vote him #1 in the spring poll.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I see a cluster of players at the top. No clear 1-5, so I would worry about people putting UPL at 10 or 12, but these players falling 1-5 as they are is about where they should be.

To be honest, we don't agree on evaluation criteria on how to vote, so while some of us may be voting on which player will be the best, as opposed to who is closer on their development curve to being an impact NHLer.

So UPL could never make the NHL but be the best prospect in the system, while Jokiharju is almost guaranteed a top 4 spot.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Surprised Olofsson took the #2 spot. I'm a huge fan, but I still have him behind Joki and UPL. Joker again, add Ruotsalainen.

Reactions: Gabrielor

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Surprised Olofsson took the #2 spot. I'm a huge fan, but I still have him behind Joki and UPL. Joker again, add Ruotsalainen.
Yeah, not sure he's in that top cluster for me, but if he is, that may mean our top-end isn't that high-end in the prospect pool.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I can't believe we turned Nylander into Joker lol. Nylander would be battling for spot 3-7 and Joker is battling for spot 2-4.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Wow surprised Olofsson went that early but if we're factoring in NHL readiness i guess it makes sense.

Going with UPL again, he really couldn't have had a much better season than he did. Really looking forward to seeing him back and healthy and playing some AHL games.

Add Ruotsalainen

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, not sure he's in that top cluster for me, but if he is, that may mean our top-end isn't that high-end in the prospect pool.

Our top end may not have a lot of razzle-dazzle, but there are some really good prospects there. I view Olofsson as a near lock to be a consistent 20+ goal-scorer; Jokiharju looks like Dahlin's partner of the future; UPL is one of the top tending prospects in the league; and Pilut has already showed he can make a positive impact in a top 4 role. Plus, there's Laaksonen up there, too, who I think has a ton of potential even if he's a bit farther away than that first cluster. Considering we've got a young franchise C + D on the big club already, I think our prospect pool is in really good shape. I just wish there were a little more forward talent there. Beyond Cozens and Olofsson, we don't have any sure bets.

Reactions: Dingo44

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He's played well. But I'd be interested in seeing how his numbers stack up against Enroth and Ullmark before they got to Rochester. Call me jaded, but I feel like every few years we have a stud goalie prospect and they all pan out to be just ok.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Our top end may not have a lot of razzle-dazzle, but there are some really good prospects there. I view Olofsson as a near lock to be a consistent 20+ goal-scorer; Jokiharju looks like Dahlin's partner of the future; UPL is one of the top tending prospects in the league; and Pilut has already showed he can make a positive impact in a top 4 role. Plus, there's Laaksonen up there, too, who I think has a ton of potential even if he's a bit farther away than that first cluster. Considering we've got a young franchise C + D on the big club already, I think our prospect pool is in really good shape. I just wish there were a little more forward talent there. Beyond Cozens and Olofsson, we don't have any sure bets.
I wasn't knocking Olofsson or the prospect depth, only that it's somewhat clustered from a prospect standpoint. The depth is quite good for team building and slotting guys around the core, and in some cases (like UPL or Cozens), adding to the core. I'm not even sure about the ceiling on Cozens - he could be a REALLY good 2nd/3rd line center and that would be terrific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad