• Ryan Johnson, D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mattias Samuelson, D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I know goalies are voodoo but I have UPL here. Goalies don’t win the awards he just won in the OHL.

He was phenomenal last year, everywhere he played (OHL, WJC, and in his lone AHL game). Still going Joki here, though. He's a safe bet, he's got plenty of upside.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting that Asplund was top 5 the past 3 prospect polls. All the prospects that were ahead of him each time have graduated or changed organizations and he'll still be 5th at best

UPL had a dominant OHL season, Jokiharju was one if only three teenagers to log significant minutes as an NHL defensemen and they drafted in the top 10. That is three guys right off the hop ahead of him in the list, ordered however one likes. Then toss in the most productive Swede winger in the AHL, the guy who levitated Risto to positive Corsi, and it isn’t too much of a surprise to see him in the 5-6-7 area again. Love him, just there are a lot of guys who have shown a lot in their own right.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
UPL had a dominant OHL season, Jokiharju was one if only three teenagers to log significant minutes as an NHL defensemen and they drafted in the top 10. That is three guys right off the hop ahead of him in the list, ordered however one likes. Then toss in the most productive Swede winger in the AHL, the guy who levitated Risto to positive Corsi, and it isn’t too much of a surprise to see him in the 5-6-7 area again. Love him, just there are a lot of guys who have shown a lot in their own right.

This post is so spot on.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Is the objective to vote for the prospect one expects to have the highest ceiling as a player? Or is it to fill a need perceived today that may or may not be a need when the prospect is ready for the NHL? Just curious as to the ranking criteria. Or is there a formula that is to be used like potential x likelihood to reach that potential x position or some such?

It's basically your own preference. Some people value ceiling above all, some value the likelihood to reach it more. Some folks may use a formula to blend the two. You should vote based on what you as an individual value most in prospects, the hope being that the sum total of everyone doing this will lead to a consensus type ranking that we can argue and nitpick over ad nauseum!

I'm going UPL here, add Smith.

Reactions: Chainshot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Right I'm not saying he should be ranked higher, I just think its really interesting to look at the current situation vs what could have been.

There's a lot negativity regarding the future of the team at times, and understandably so, but if all those things hadn't happened we're looking our 6th best prospect actually being our 2nd best behind cozens and things could be a lot more bleak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad