• Mattias Samuelson, D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21), Casey Fitzgerald (03/26/22).

-Jonas Johansson will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Rankings
1. Dylan Cozens, C (nr): 48 of 73 votes (65.8%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (8 votes)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson, Erik Portillo

D: Ivan Chukarov,* Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Christopher Brown,* Filip Cederqvist, Marcus Davidsson, Vasili Glotov, Aaron Huglen, Connor Hurley,* Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Matej Pekar, Lukas Rousek, Arttu Ruotsalainen, C.J. Smith, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman*

*rights held through 08/15/19 (maybe?)

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
Probably Henri Jokiharju but I voted Lawrence Pilut because his success is most needed when he gets back.

Add Arttu Ruotsalainen

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Olofsson, the elite shot gives him a slight edge

Would probably have UPL but mildly concerned about the hips

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know goalies are voodoo but I have UPL here. Goalies don’t win the awards he just won in the OHL.

Ummm, doesn't a goalie usually win the OHL Goaltender of the Year Award?

:sarcasm:

He was only the sixth goalie to win the Tilson Trophy at the OHL MOP.

Michael Houser (London 2012) was the last goaltender to win the award following Andrew Raycroft (Kingston 2000), Bill Harrington (Kitchener 1952), Glenn Hall (Windsor 1951), and Gil Mayer (Barrie 1949).

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Three way tie between Joker Olofsson and UPL wow.

Chose Joker because he feels like the "safest" bet.

I agree, they are all very close. Hard to say any is better than the other with them being all different positions/stages of development.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Is the objective to vote for the prospect one expects to have the highest ceiling as a player? Or is it to fill a need perceived today that may or may not be a need when the prospect is ready for the NHL? Just curious as to the ranking criteria. Or is there a formula that is to be used like potential x likelihood to reach that potential x position or some such?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Is the objective to vote for the prospect one expects to have the highest ceiling as a player? Or is it to fill a need perceived today that may or may not be a need when the prospect is ready for the NHL? Just curious as to the ranking criteria. Or is there a formula that is to be used like potential x likelihood to reach that potential x position or some such?
I think of it as, "which of these players would you want the most?"

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Interesting that Asplund was top 5 the past 3 prospect polls. All the prospects that were ahead of him each time have graduated or changed organizations and he'll still be 5th at best

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00