Red Sox/MLB 2019 Season Begins - Bogaerts Extended 7Y $132M

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Game 3 of the World Series was amazing. It was everything baseball should be. If they're looking at it (a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence) as something to CHANGE, the league needs to get its head out of its ass.

Loved Game 3. But in October, not April/May. If they change the rules for the regular season I have no issue with it. Playoffs is another story.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Baseball like all other sports must adapt its rules to a changing world.

Extra innings is outdated. Come up with s better way. Football and hockey changed overtime rules. I’ll give you the playoffs is a different animal, but regular season, get rid of it.

I like all the proposals. I don’t like changing the mound. It’s like making the nets bigger in hockey. That goes against shortening the game time as more run scored means more game time. Batters must adapt.

No.

Football plays football in OT with no changes to the play of the game itself. It just becomes sudden death.

Hockey added a gimmick OT to replace regular season ties. In the playoffs the teams play normal hockey until there is a winner. If it takes 6 hours, it takes 6 hours.

Putting a runner on 2nd is like hockey OT starting with 1 team getting a PP just because. It's complete bullshit

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
No.

Football plays football in OT with no changes to the play of the game itself. It just becomes sudden death.

Hockey added a gimmick OT to replace regular season ties. In the playoffs the teams play normal hockey until there is a winner. If it takes 6 hours, it takes 6 hours.

Putting a runner on 2nd is like hockey OT starting with 1 team getting a PP just because. It's complete bull****
Watching a game till 2-3 in the morning is bullshit.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Does he eat?

my favorite baseball thing is how you have guys like Sabathia and Sale completely different body types but both so dominant in their prime

seriously how does someone with seemingly so little muscle throw so hard

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
tbh I think some people are just born with it. You can train up velocity a little bit but for the most part you either have it or you don’t

He’s a stick lol

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
my favorite baseball thing is how you have guys like Sabathia and Sale completely different body types but both so dominant in their prime

same way some skinny guys seem to bomb drives.

long limbs + flexibility = big time angular velocity.

basically their arms are long and flexible enough to act like a whip. plus add in hip rotation

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

Yeah. Back in the 90s there was David Wells and Jack McDowell. Even Pedro and Schilling had very different girth with great results.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching a game till 2-3 in the morning is bull****.

One of the longest & best games I ever saw was an NCAA Frozen Four game that went to 5 OTs before it ended. Teams played 5 on 5.

I couldn't do it now unless it was a Friday night but I absolutely prefer it to that ridiculous 3 on 3 OT the NHL has now. And don't get me started on the stupidity that is the shootout

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
One of the longest & best games I ever saw was an NCAA Frozen Four game that went to 5 OTs before it ended. Teams played 5 on 5.

I couldn't do it now unless it was a Friday night but I absolutely prefer it to that ridiculous 3 on 3 OT the NHL has now. And don't get me started on the stupidity that is the shootout

straying off-topic, but yeah, i have ZERO issue having a regular season NHL game end in a tie after 5 minutes of 5-on-5 OT.

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Not bringing in more bullpen help (so far) and counting on Pedroia to give them anything (let alone 120 games) seems risky...and something that is bound to blow up in their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad