2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If we trade Tanev or Edler I think we need to get back a high quality D prospect + pick at minimum.

But...if we can get Nylander for a package around Tanev or Edler, I would get it done and take the swing at a $7MM x 7 year deal for Nylander. People constantly underrate how solid his two way game or ES production has been. He's an insane talent who would be well worth the money long term. Nylander's playmaking ability would be pretty incredible with Petterson.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If we trade Tanev or Edler I think we need to get back a high quality D prospect + pick at minimum.

But...if we can get Nylander for a package around Tanev or Edler, I would get it done and take the swing at a $7MM x 7 year deal for Nylander. People constantly underrate how solid his two way game or ES production has been. He's an insane talent who would be well worth the money long term. Nylander's playmaking ability would be pretty incredible with Petterson.

I like the idea of Nylander on this team as a player, and I thought about that too.

I think part of the problem is that he's not signing what Toronto is offered, and honestly I don't think he's earned what you've offered here. He might well improve to that level, but if he really is expecting 8 a season....well I don't think he'd be a fit here with Boeser needing a raise after this season.

Plus I don't know that Toronto needs another LHD for that kind of price. They have Gardiner and Reilly already.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I like the idea of Nylander on this team as a player, and I thought about that too.

I think part of the problem is that he's not signing what Toronto is offered, and honestly I don't think he's earned what you've offered here. He might well improve to that level, but if he really is expecting 8 a season....well I don't think he'd be a fit here with Boeser needing a raise after this season.

Plus I don't know that Toronto needs another LHD for that kind of price. They have Gardiner and Reilly already.
I think Boeser gets 6-6.5 a year max. Hasn’t played a full season yet. I’d have no problem going all in on Nylander. I’d offer a Ton. Tanev+Lind+Goldobin+2nd+2nd?He’d be perfect with EP. Sign him 7X7. Sign Panarin in FA and our offence is set for a looong time. Can then go all in on focus for defense.

Panarin-Pettersson-Nylander
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I think Boeser gets 6-6.5 a year max. Hasn’t played a full season yet. I’d have no problem going all in on Nylander. I’d offer a Ton. Tanev+Lind+Goldobin+2nd+2nd?He’d be perfect with EP. Sign him 7X7. Sign Panarin in FA and our offence is set for a looong time. Can then go all in on focus for defense.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

As mentioned a few times, all the scuttlebutt is around Panarin going to go NY/Florida/California.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Nylander would be stunning with Pettersson and the team should be moving mountains to see if they can make it happen.

If by mountains you mean Tanev and/or Juolevi, I agree. Other than that, I’m not sure what VAN could offer? They are not moving Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser and their 1st. What else would do the job?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Carolina moved two poorly tracking top picks for Dougie Hamilton this year. I would easily put Juolevi and Virtanen together in a package for Nylander.

Dubas likely laughs and hangs up, though. I see him going to Carolina for something around Pesce.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

That is a very soft top 6. Who would crash and bang forechecking hard to retrieve the puck? There is a reason why players like Tom Wilson & Zack Hayman are on top lines.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If by mountains you mean Tanev and/or Juolevi, I agree. Other than that, I’m not sure what VAN could offer? They are not moving Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser and their 1st. What else would do the job?

I'd move any of Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind, Dipietro, 2020 #1 for him without thinking twice and would include several of those in a package. Would hate moving Tanev but would do it.

People won't like this, but I'd also give a lot of thought to a Boeser-Nylander straight across deal. Not sure if I would, but I'd think about it.

Only things off limits would be Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, and 2019 #1 pick.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I'd move any of Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind, Dipietro, 2020 #1 for him without thinking twice and would include several of those in a package. Would hate moving Tanev but would do it.

People won't like this, but I'd also give a lot of thought to a Boeser-Nylander straight across deal. Not sure if I would, but I'd think about it.

Only things off limits would be Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, and 2019 #1 pick.

The other thing we could do with the Leafs is help them with their cap situation. I'd take Nathan Horton back in a Nylander deal (owed $5.3M next season, he gets LTIR'd in the season but still limits their offseason flexibility and ability to accumulate cap space during the year).

Not sure I'd take Zaitsev (5 more years at $4.5M) though I could be convinced. Maybe if another bad contract went back the other way...

Something like Tanev, Juolevi, Virtanen for Nylander and Horton? In a freakin heartbeat.

Reactions: timw33

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Wow...some of you would consider moving Boeser or Hughes? That makes little sense imo.

As Josepho said it depends on the contract situation so it's hard to say without knowing what he'd sign, but yeah I'd consider both. I'd offer Hughes in a heartbeat under the right contract circumstances. He's a nice prospect but not untouchable in my mind.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He's obviously good but I don't really think Hughes has done anything to really consider himself a standout untouchable prospect.

I've only seen him play once or twice this year but statistically he currently isn't having a +1 year like Boeser or Pettersson did and his P/G pace is basically the same as it was in the second half for Michigan last season. And obviously there's a major risk factor for someone as frail as he is.

Pettersson and an unprotected 2019 1st are the only things I'd definitively say no to in a Nylander trade.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nylander is going to be too expensive, in dollars, to sign him to a deal he'd accept. He would be awesome with our other high skilled forwards, but his deal would set horrible precedent.

Drouin is the one true path to salvation!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He's obviously good but I don't really think Hughes has done anything to really consider himself a standout untouchable prospect.

I've only seen him play once or twice this year but statistically he currently isn't having a +1 year like Boeser or Pettersson did and his P/G pace is basically the same as it was in the second half for Michigan last season. And obviously there's a major risk factor for someone as frail as he is.

Pettersson and an unprotected 2019 1st are the only things I'd definitively say no to in a Nylander trade.
So you would trade Bo Horvat straight up for Nylander?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Agreed.

I doubt I would ever consider a prospect who hadn't turned pro to be "untouchable."

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
So you would trade Bo Horvat straight up for Nylander?

That's a painful one to think about but I'd lean towards no due to contractual reasons.

But if I was Benning and that offer came up I'd most likely lock up all the executives in a room and spend hours debating it 12 Angry Men style.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That's a painful one to think about but I'd lean towards no due to contractual reasons.

But if I was Benning and that offer came up I'd most likely lock up all the executives in a room and spend hours debating it 12 Angry Men style.
I wouldn't do that in a million years...Interestingly enough,theres a poll on the main boards Horvat vs Nylander.

William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad