2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Finally having a guy who just runs a goalie for the sake of it would add an element this team hasn’t had in awhile. Kreider is the type of LW I’d like to add to that line.
Heinola won’t last to 20, that would be my best bet consolation prize from the draft not getting one of the higher rated defenceman.

Kreider doesn't run at goalies for the sake of it... those folks in Montreal like to blow things up. Kreider is actually very well disciplined but needs to play on the edge to be successful.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
The trade was just 20OV and Kreider was it not? For me especially if Boldy is there then I make the pick and don't hesitate. Only way I really look at moving the pick would be if our choice of forward is Krebs, Newhook or Podkolzkin. I do get what you are saying but this is JB were talking here who can never get a pick at a deadline so while the idea has merit to it, the likelihood of it being executed is far fetched. Additionally, he will want to be a buyer at the deadline next year to save his job anyways so I don't see a lot of merit to the idea with him in control.

Curious if there's anything the Rangers could offer Vancouver for 10OA?
Would Kreider and 20OA be realistic? If anything else is needed, what? I honestly don't know Vancouver's needs, RFA statuses, cap flexibility, etc. just simply trying to gauge value and for HF ****s and giggles.

Nope, 20th Overall and Kreider for 10th Overall.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If this deal is on the table, I don't know why you wouldn't do it. You're gaining an extra asset, and even if Kreider doesn't want to re-sign, he would fetch a lot at the deadline. Lets use the Kevin Hayes deal as a template. The Canucks would get a 2020 1st, a decent young player and another conditional pick.
So the trade tree would look like this
2019 10th Overall
for
2019 20th Overall
2020 1st Rd Pick
Young Player
Conditional Pick
How would you not want that?

That being said, if the Canucks show improvement and Kreider is playing well with Pettersson, why wouldn't he want to stay?

A few thoughts

1. That returns assumes he doesn't get injured at the deadline in which case it goes bad fast.
2. Too early in the "rebuild" cycle to be picking up rentals.
3. He'll be 29 by the time his next contract kicks in, $7x7m extension.
4. I'm not sure we couldn't just spend that 7ish money on a UFA this year or next. Is Kreider + #20 > Ferland + #10, or Nyquist + #10, or Duchene ($9m) + #10 etc

IMHO Edmonton is the team that should be in on Krieder. #8 + Pulju + Lucic for Kreider +2nd. NYR get two bits for their rebuild plus some roster filler that will punch the faces of people that pick on their rookies. Lucic will be a drag but if they have 3 more years of rebuild planned it is only the last year that really hurts and they can pay someone else at that point.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
A few thoughts

1. That returns assumes he doesn't get injured at the deadline in which case it goes bad fast.
4. I'm not sure we couldn't just spend that 7ish money on a UFA this year or next. Is Kreider + #20 > Ferland + #10, or Nyquist + #10, or Duchene ($9m) + #10 etc

IMHO Edmonton is the team that should be in on Krieder. #8 + Pulju + Lucic for Kreider +2nd. NYR get two bits for their rebuild plus some roster filler that will punch the faces of people that pick on their rookies. Lucic will be a drag but if they have 3 more years of rebuild planned it is only the last year that really hurts and they can pay someone else at that point.

1. How jaded do you have to be to assume that every player the Canucks acquire will get injured at the deadline
2. In not saying he is a rental, just that it's a possibility. I'd prefer to keep him.
3. I don't think every player is going to get these 7 year deals everyone assumes are going to get handed out.
4. The only one I'd say for sure is better is Duchene and 10, but I highly doubt Duchene will come to Vancouver after getting his first taste of playoffs when the Canucks aren't close to be a lock for the playoffs next season.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
A few thoughts

Lost me at Lucic, lol

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Would MTL or VAN be interested in something around Drouin and Hutton? Hutton + 2nd 2019 fair?
I just posted something similar on the main board.

I was thinking of a trade down scenario 15 and Drouin for 10 and Hutton might be close.

still let's us draft one of Krebs, Newhook, Caufield, Broberg, Soderstrom, Heinola or Seider depending how players come off the board after the #9 pick.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Would MTL or VAN be interested in something around Drouin and Hutton? Hutton + 2nd 2019 fair?
Why though? I’m not a big fan of the other Hutton or Drouin, but a #5 defenceman and 40th overall for a guy who can play Top6 LW? Sure why not

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'd try to get Wennberg out of CBJ.
Really like Wennberg. I wonder if CBJ would be hesitant of another William Karlsson situation here, where the player doesn't suit Torts but blows up somewhere else. I think he could quite easily.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Wennberg for Sutter.

Work towards creating three solid lines that can score with EP Horvat Wennberg. Put Wenneberg on PP2. Or maybe you put Wennberg on the LW on Horvat line as a playmaker. IDK whatever it is it would be better than having Brandon Sutter on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad