Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season IV - 6 back in the loss column with 28 to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In the middle of the 8th the Padres started playing Sweet Caroline, saying that it was for all the Red Sox fans in the audience. Then as soon as it got to the chorus, it abruptly switched to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up

Mad respect gained for SD

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seems like they are stretching Shawaryn out in Pawtucket to eat some innings in September/replace Brian Johnson

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Most recent scouting report I found on Bryan Mata seems to show the possibility of a legitimate home grown starter

That has not happened in a long time

Fastball 94-97 with heavy sink and run, cutter/slider 87-90, curveball, change up. Holds velocity into starts. Big frame. Repeats his delivery. Command and control need work but it’s not on a Darwinzon level. Incredibly young for AA. There’s a lot to be excited about with him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Also, who's this milquetoast local fox sports network-quality PBP announcer on NESN? Does Dave O'Brien have some other commitment tonight?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like him more than Dave, does that make me a bad guy?
I'm gonna have to say yes.

Dave gets a lot of crap because he had to follow Don Orsillo and he doesn't have natural TV chemistry (but was a world-class radio announcer). But despite that, he's still really good at calling a game even with his sibilant s.

He knows the game, the players, and he doesn't step on his partner's lines. Plus a good baritone voice that's not a phony put-on nor too folksy. A good balance.

This guy tonight is just that manufactured generic announcer with a fake-sounding yelling voice every time anything happens. Just milquetoast. NESN can do better than this.

Reactions: Pay Carl

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Rockies' defense is a disaster. Especially this kid Hilliard. Either nerves are getting to him in his ML debut or he's just bad.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
With the Rays playing Houston and Cleveland and us playing the Rockies and Angels, we have a chance to pick up some games this week.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Also, who's this milquetoast local fox sports network-quality PBP announcer on NESN? Does Dave O'Brien have some other commitment tonight?

GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (0-0, 0-0 ACC) vs. CLEMSON TIGERS (0-0, 0-0 ACC)
Thursday, August 29 • 8 p.m. ET • Clemson, S.C. (Memorial Stadium – 81,500)
TV: ACC Network*|
* About the ACC Network: The ACC Network (ACCN) is a new national network dedicated to 24/7 coverage of Atlantic Coast Conference sports. ACCN is currently available through four national providers: DirecTV (Ch. 612), Hulu, PlayStation Vue and YouTube TV. ACCN is also available via 60-plus local cable/digital providers. To learn what providers carry ACCN in your area, visit getaccn.com.
** To watch ACC Network programming online via the ESPN app or WatchESPN.com, the viewer must subscribe to a cable/satellite/digital provider that carries the ACC Network.

Play-by-Play: Dave O’Brien
Analyst: Tim Hasselbeck
Sideline Reporter: Katie George
Sideline Reporter: Maria Taylor

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I Can Still Hear You, Mom | By Kolten Wong

Apologies for the off topic post, but if anyone has seven minutes to watch this video, I highly recommend it. I'm sure we all, understandably, celebrated when Kolten Wong was picked off first to end the game in the '13 World Series. But to see this video, and learn that his mother was dying from cancer while watching in the stands....I was never a big Cards fan, but I will always root for this kid from here on out. Amazing what a different perspective a moment can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad