HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
mr-met-crying.jpg

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I'm a Mets fan; I don't really have any issue with this trade at all. Going to have to wait and see what else they do with Wheeler/Syndergaard, but I don't think they gave up anything much for Stroman so it's all good for me.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The crowd is chanting Yankees Suck in a 9-4 ballgame where they're about to go 9 games up on us again

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This sucks. This is a game that we could've won if we just made a play here or there. Too many missed opportunities or mental mistakes making the difference.

But if you told me we'd take three of four this weekend, I'd take it and run. So get it back together and repeat this week again against Tampa and NY next week

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm a Mets fan; I don't really have any issue with this trade at all. Going to have to wait and see what else they do with Wheeler/Syndergaard, but I don't think they gave up anything much for Stroman so it's all good for me.

Agreed. Kay projects as a reliever and SWR a 3 or 4. Drafting Wolf and stealing Allan in the draft makes this ok, especially since I’m pretty sure they will re sign Marcus

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cool with Dalbec being moved for Diaz, absolutely not cool with Casas being moved for him. That kid will be special whereas I’m not sure Dalbec is anything more than Todd Frazier

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I will say I am intrigued to see what Dalbec will do w a juiced ball in AAA. When he makes contact it is loud and hard. Portland is really good at suppressing office and I can see him being a .240/35 homer guy in the majors with solid defense. I’m basically anticipating a poor man’s Pete Alonso with the bat

I could see the AA IF they trade being CJ Chatham too. He’s got a pretty good hit tool and is a solid defender at SS, got a chance to start. More likely a utility guy but those are more valuable than they used to be. Couldn’t stay healthy at the beginning of his career so that’s why he’s 24 in AA. Should be moved up when the logjam clears in Pawtucket

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
0% chance Casas sticks at 3B (he’s massive, simply not mobile enough) but he’s still far and away the best position prospect in the system. I think he will be a pretty good defensive 1B too. Really wouldn’t want to see him go for a reliever who is potentially a head case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad