Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season IV - 6 back in the loss column with 28 to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Or addition by subtraction, given how he carries himself and acts like he's a far better player than he really is. The sense of entitlement by him is off the charts and off putting. Not a fan.

I must’ve missed something because I don’t see it. Seems like a radio hot take

Def wouldn’t be addition by subtraction under any circumstances though, that’s Absurd

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I must’ve missed something because I don’t see it. Seems like a radio hot take

Def wouldn’t be addition by subtraction under any circumstances though, that’s Absurd

You see him watch on Sunday night as he struck out and the ball rolled away from the catcher all the way to the batters box, with him not even considering trying to run it out? Entitled.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You see him watch on Sunday night as he struck out and the ball rolled away from the catcher all the way to the batters box, with him not even considering trying to run it out? Entitled.

So he’s addition by subtraction because he did something players often times do, got it

That’s the definition of radio hot

I love how you know who he is as a person because he didn’t run a strike out out. It’s almost felgerian

I guarantee his teammates don’t feel that way (my source is his teammate by the way. And a coach that was in the Arkansas program)

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That's not a sufficient reason to trade a 25-year old player who is well above average offensively and defensively.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So he’s addition by subtraction because he did something players often times do, got it

That’s the definition of radio hot

I love how you know who he is as a person because he didn’t run a strike out out. It’s almost felgerian

I guarantee his teammates don’t feel that way.

No, not running out a ground ball because you don't feel like it makes him lazy and entitled. The addition by subtraction happens in this scenario when you move a guy like that for a player that will run out balls and not feel entitled just because your team won a title. That sends a message to the rest of the team that dogging it isn't acceptable.

And what's with the petty crap calling me Felger? Just because I disagree with you? You want to make it something personal because I have a different take? It's not becoming. It's simply my opinion, take it or leave it.

Here you go: Andrew Benintendi is nothing more than a JAG.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, not running out a ground ball because you don't feel like it makes him lazy and entitled. The addition by subtraction happens in this scenario when you move a guy like that for a player that will run out balls and not feel entitled just because your team won a title. That sends a message to the rest of the team that dogging it isn't acceptable.

And what's with the petty crap calling me Felger? Just because I disagree with you? You want to make it something personal because I have a different take? It's not becoming. It's simply my opinion, take it or leave it.

Here you go: Andrew Benintendi is nothing more than a JAG.

There’s nothing to support your opinion of him being a JAG and yes once you start judging somebody as a person without knowing them personally you are very much like Michael Felger.

His teammate tells me he’s one of the hardest working people he’s ever seen. I believe him over you Lonnie, sorry! You can have your opinion, facts (whether it be his stats or personal testimonies about his work ethic) just don’t support it!

It’s a radio hot take. It is what it is

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's not a sufficient reason to trade a 25-year old player who is well above average offensively and defensively.

I'm not so sure he's anything special. You take him out of this lineup and you put him on a bottom feeding team, I don't think he puts up anything close to his current numbers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There’s nothing to support your opinion of him being a JAG and yes once you start judging somebody as a person without knowing them personally you are very much like Michael Felger.

His teammate tells me he’s one of the hardest working people he’s ever seen. I believe him over you Lonnie, sorry! You can have your opinion, facts just don’t support it!

It’s a radio hot take. It is what it is

Judging them as a person based on what they do or don't do on the field of play. Big delineation for you there. Not as a person, but as a player. And as a player he carries himself with an air I don't care for, especially since he doesn't want to do the little things. And that's supported by plenty of things he does on the field, like on Sunday.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Judging them as a person based on what they do or don't do on the field of play. Big delineation for you there. Not as a person, but as a player. And as a player he carries himself with an air I don't care for, especially since he doesn't want to do the little things.

The little things like putting on 25 pounds of muscle in an offseason to make yourself a better player for your team, those little things? Because he’s done that. Is that Not putting the work or effort in?

Because I watched a lot of Sox fail at the little things on Sunday-Benintendi was wayyyyy at the bottom of that list

To suggest he’s addition by subtraction is a hotter take than the Chris Sale HOF one

Now what evidence do you have to support him being a JAG? I’m curious

Reactions: McGarnagle

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The little things like putting on 25 pounds of muscle in an offseason to make yourself a better player for your team, those little things? Because he’s done that. Is that Not putting the work or effort in?

Because I watched a lot of Sox fail at the little things on Sunday-Benintendi was wayyyyy at the bottom of that list

You personally weighed him in there chief? You keep name dropping like you have some inside info, while all I did was state my opinion. You don't agree and that's fine, but again, what's with the vitriol?

As for watching the Sox, you saw it Sunday and drew your own opinion. I saw it and drew mine. You don't see me in here throwing petty insults at you for being so wildly wrong now, do you? Yet that's what you're doing. Must have struck a nerve on this one for some reason...lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You personally weighed him in there chief? You keep name dropping like you have some inside info, while all I did was state my opinion. You don't agree and that's fine, but again, what's with the vitriol?

As for watching the Sox, you saw it Sunday and drew your own opinion. I saw it and drew mine. You don't see me in here throwing petty insults at you for being so wildly wrong now, do you? Yet that's what you're doing. Must have struck a nerve on this one for some reason...lol

Psssst I personally know a few of his friends. I worked in baseball in the cape league.

I’m sorry I didn’t weigh him personally but here’s an article talking about 20 lbs of muscle Red Sox outfielder Andrew Benintendi bulks up with offseason training

And an article from when he was at arkansas and put on 15 lbs of muscle Arkansas' Andrew Benintendi signs with Red Sox

But he doesn’t work hard. I mean you clearly know more than me Felgie, I’m definitely the wrong one. Not the guy talking completely out of his ass

You want to talk lack of effort on Sunday? Start with Holt not covering 1B on the sac fly or JBJ not looking where he was throwing.

Now again- where’s the evidence supporting your JAG claim? I’ve yet to see a single shred of it. Yet you want to not be called Felger lol. It’s a Felger take. If you go off your feelz sure, but to quote an ant man “facts don’t care about your feelings”

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Psssst I personally know a few of his friends. I worked in baseball in the cape league.

I’m sorry I didn’t weigh him personally but here’s an article talking about 20 lbs of muscle Red Sox outfielder Andrew Benintendi bulks up with offseason training

And an article from when he was at arkansas and put on 15 lbs of muscle Arkansas' Andrew Benintendi signs with Red Sox

But he doesn’t work hard. I mean you clearly know more than me Felgie, I’m definitely the wrong one. Not the guy talking completely out of his ass

You want to talk lack of effort on Sunday? Start with Holt not covering 1B on the sac fly or JBJ not looking where he was throwing.

Now again- where’s the evidence supporting your JAG claim? I’ve yet to see a single shred of it. Yet you want to not be called Felger lol

Pssssst. I don't care if you're his f***ing father. My opinion is my opinion and it doesn't have to align with yours. Get over yourself already.

As for Holt not covering, absolutely. He dogged it and he deserves blame for that. I hate all errors that are a direct result of laziness.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pssssst. I don't care if you're his ****ing father. My opinion is my opinion and it doesn't have to align with yours. Get over yourself already.

As for Holt not covering, absolutely. He dogged it and he deserves blame for that. I hate all errors that are a direct result of laziness.

Support your opinion otherwise you have no right to be mad about being called felgie. How is he a JAG?

And that’s fine if you don’t want to take the word of people that have actually played with him when it comes to his work ethic. Your call. Just don’t get mad when I call it ill-informed, that’s all.

And I do too. But to say a guy is addition by subtraction because they didn’t run out a strike 3 is kind of over the top, especially when he’s proven to be a good bat and glove while being young

Addition by subtraction already happened with Nunez being shipped out. THATS addition by subtraction. They do not get better in any way by losing Benintendi. In the field and at the dish.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Support your opinion otherwise you have no right to be mad about being called felgie. How is he a JAG?

And that’s fine if you don’t want to take the word of people that have actually played with him when it comes to his work ethic. Your call. Just don’t get mad when I call it ill-informed, that’s all.

And I do too. But to say a guy is addition by subtraction because they didn’t run out a strike 3 is kind of over the top, especially when he’s proven to be a good bat and glove while being young

He's got a WAR of 2 this season which puts him at 124 in the league, and even more importantly 7th on his own team. Not to mention the fact that his WAR has dropped to the lowest of his career this season. His OPS is marginal this season with only JBJ (who is devoid of offense) and Chavis below him out of the starting positional players for the Sox.

So yeah, I stand by my statement that he's a JAG. And if he's going to be one of the middling types, he'd better run out every ground ball/passed ball because he's not nearly good enough to not do that.

But regardless of that, we both know what your next response will be. You'll take the numbers I used and try to twist them around to say why I'm wrong. At the end of the day, is it really worth it? My opinion that he's nothing special won't change. Your opinion that he's great won't change. So why not chalk it up to a difference of opinion and move along?

And yeah, I do have a right to be aggravated by your petty nonsense. You know, given that one of the main rules here is to argue the point and not the poster. You want to argue the point, I'll do that all day long. You want to call people names, you can go pound sand.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I always think I've seen it all on this site, then without fail, of nowhere another incomprehensibly bad argument breaks out on hfboards

Reactions: N o o d l e s

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
@LSCII Would you consider Benintendi a "compiler"?

HAHAHAHA!! If he plays for another 16 years? Absolutely. Look, Benintendi is a complimentary player to me. He does some things well, but is inherently average at others. I fully believe he's also benefited greatly being in this lineup and if he were on a bad team, his numbers would be lesser than they are now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
A player's numbers are better in a good lineup with protection than in a bad lineup? You don't say

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's got a WAR of 2 this season which puts him at 124 in the league, and even more importantly 7th on his own team. Not to mention the fact that his WAR has dropped to the lowest of his career this season. His OPS is marginal this season with only JBJ (who is devoid of offense) and Chavis below him out of the starting positional players for the Sox.

So yeah, I stand by my statement that he's a JAG. And if he's going to be one of the middling types, he'd better run out every ground ball/passed ball because he's not nearly good enough to not do that.

But regardless of that, we both know what your next response will be. You'll take the numbers I used and try to twist them around to say why I'm wrong. At the end of the day, is it really worth it? My opinion that he's nothing special won't change. Your opinion that he's great won't change. So why not chalk it up to a difference of opinion and move along?

And yeah, I do have a right to be aggravated by your petty nonsense. You know, given that one of the main rules here is to argue the point and not the poster. You want to argue the point, I'll do that all day long. You want to call people names, you can go pound sand.

You realize a guy who is probably gonna finish with a WAR of 3+ isn’t a JAG, right? That’s a pretty damn solid player. And it’s been a down year for him so far. I don’t think he’s great. I think he’s good. Certainly not a JAG. Cheerful Cody Ross is a JAG.

He’s not a JAG and he’s absolutely not addition by subtraction. That’s just a fact. The numbers bear that out- OPS+ of 110 with good marks in the field. I’m sorry you took being called felgie so personally and continue to argue about his work ethic based off of him not running out one strike 3, even when presented with evidence to the contrary. Kudos I guess.

So he’s a JAG because he’s not having a better season WAR-wise than the reigning MVP, arguably the best 3B in the league, an Elite SS, 2 $30 million dollar pitchers (who he won’t be behind for long at this rate), and the guy leading the AL in wins. AWFUL argument. You realize being 7th on a 25 man roster makes him the opposite of a JAG, yes? Pretty important guy, especially on a World Series team that pretty much brought everybody back

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A player's numbers are better in a good lineup with protection than in a bad lineup? You don't say

Yeah, which makes him average. Really good to great players are that regardless of what team they're on. Guys that have inflated stats because of the team they play on scream JAG to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad