Red Sox/MLB 2019 Regular Season II - David Ortiz shot in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
At least Sale settled down and ended strong.

Is this going to be one of those years where we keep waiting for that one hot stretch to get them going, but it never comes?

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can’t really say there has been anything they’ve been particularly good at to start the year

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's hard for me to get upset after the incredible year they had last season, but it's really disappointing...

Exactly where I’m at.

Just kinda like “well this stinks” but I can’t get too mad because it’s pretty close to the same team that won it all a handful of months ago

I’ll say this much- if they continue to stink they should be able to sell off a few pieces

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Exactly where I’m at.

Just kinda like “well this stinks” but I can’t get too mad because it’s pretty close to the same team that won it all a handful of months ago

I’ll say this much- if they continue to stink they should be able to sell off a few pieces
Who would you even sell off?

Problem is, most of what would warrant a decent return is either locked up longterm (Bogey, Sale) or not worth it (Benny, Betts, Devers, etc).

Maybe sell of a piece like Porcello or JBJ? Not sure. There isn't a whole hell of a lot they can part with.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
First Sox game this year - maybe 15,000 people

Does Matt Stairs still play for Oakland ?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who would you even sell off?

Problem is, most of what would warrant a decent return is either locked up longterm (Bogey, Sale) or not worth it (Benny, Betts, Devers, etc).

Maybe sell of a piece like Porcello or JBJ? Not sure. There isn't a whole hell of a lot they can part with.

People may not like it but JD. He’s probably going to opt out anyway so they might as well get something for a half a season of him and then try and bring him back in the off-season

Then you have guys like Barnes and Brasier Who are effective and battle tested relievers for the back end of a bullpen

They could get a shit ton for Barnes tbh

Then you have a guy like Porcello but unless he turns his season around Nobody is going to want him. Mitch Moreland is another one. Steve Pearce if he starts hitting again

Ockimey is killing it in AAA but he only hits righties and can only play first base so he is only coming up if Moreland gets traded

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Laureano completely made a fool of himself there. Maybe justice for the times he robbed us back in the first week.

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
People may not like it but JD. He’s probably going to opt out anyway so they might as well get something for a half a season of him and then try and bring him back in the off-season

Then you have guys like Barnes and Brasier Who are effective and battle tested relievers for the back end of a bullpen

They could get a **** ton for Barnes tbh

Then you have a guy like Porcello but unless he turns his season around Nobody is going to want him. Mitch Moreland is another one. Steve Pearce if he starts hitting again

Ockimey is killing it in AAA but he only hits righties and can only play first base so he is only coming up if Moreland gets traded
There is 0.0 chance JD not being here long term

Say he opts out

Who the hell would pay him that ?

No NL team will - he’s getting older and stats will back up he’s a liability in the field

Money???

Position????

I’ve looked it over and you give me any team I can blow it out of the water

They will add 3-4 M to existing contract per year

My guess is after this year
Porcello gone
Sandoval contract off books
Pierce gone
JBJ ?

They will sign Betts and tweak JD

Mookie is very good but I can’t see him bettering what he gets here

Teams like the Yankees will be bending over to pay Judge & Torres let alone Andujar, Sanchez etc

Betts makes most sense here

Reactions: sarge88

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
This team. ugh

1 step forward, 5 back

I am worried with them winning yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad