Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Lukas Jasek 32 gp 7g 11a +6
Its time to bring him up. Too many unproductive players in our line up. Sending Gagner to AHL and only giving Gaudette a look is not enough. Management has taken minimum action regarding giving prospects a chance to play this season after boasting in the preseason about giving them a chance to play. All talk with little action.
Perfect example of inpatient

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Jan 11

AHL

Bridgeport 4 Utica 3 (OT)
Kulbakov 27 saves on 31 shots

Wacey Hamilton (1) ASST: None (SH)
Tom Pyatt (1) ASST: Brendan Gaunce (11)
Zack MacEwen (15) ASST: Jonathan Dahlen (11), Evan McEneny (14) (PP)

ECHL

Brampton 4 Kalamazoo 3 (SO)

USHL

Dubuque 3 Green Bay 2 (OT)
Thiessen was the back-up

NCAA

Michigan 2 Ohio State 1
Hughes 1 assist, +1
Lockwood 1 goal (7th), +1

Northeastern 3 Maine 2
Madden 2 assists, +2

Harvard 2 Princeton 4
Rathbone 0 points, even

OHL

Kingston 3 Niagara 6
Brassard 3 assists, +1 (selected 2nd star)

Ottawa 10 Sarnia 2
DiPietro was the back-up
Eliot 1 assist, -4

WHL

Seattle 7 Moose Jaw 2
Woo 1 assist, -2

S_C

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Actually he is not. Putting up PPG in your draft+1 doesn’t equal Gaudreau trajectory. Multiple players every season do Madden is doing in their draft+1

How many jump from being sub-PPG USHL players to over PPG NCAA players though? Gaudreau went from being a 1.2 PPG player in the USHl to being a PPG player in the NCAA. Gaudreau went from being a 0.68 PPG player to being on pace for an over PPG D=1 season in the NCAA.

That's not a bad trajectory to be on.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
How many jump from being sub-PPG USHL players to over PPG NCAA players though? Gaudreau went from being a 1.2 PPG player in the USHl to being a PPG player in the NCAA. MADDEN went from being a 0.68 PPG player to being on pace for an over PPG D=1 season in the NCAA.

Fixed

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
How many jump from being sub-PPG USHL players to over PPG NCAA players though? Gaudreau went from being a 1.2 PPG player in the USHl to being a PPG player in the NCAA. Gaudreau went from being a 0.68 PPG player to being on pace for an over PPG D=1 season in the NCAA.

Matthias Emilio Pettersson also on a Gaudreau trajectory?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A lot of rookies with 26 points in their first season are on a Henrik Sedin trajectory as well.
:sarcasm:

Great draft plus 1 season for Madden but Johnny Hockey is pretty much one of a kind.

The exciting thing about Madden is his two way play while putting up those points.
If he can put on some weight he could become one of those two way guys who are so valuable and can move up and down the lineup.
For a kid who just turned 19 he has a surprisingly complete game that really stood out at the WJ’s compared to many of his peers.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A lot of rookies with 26 points in their first season are on a Henrik Sedin trajectory as well.
:sarcasm:

Great draft plus 1 season for Madden but Johnny Hockey is pretty much one of a kind.

The exciting thing about Madden is his two way play while putting up those points.
If he can put on some weight he could become one of those two way guys who are so valuable and can move up and down the lineup.
For a kid who just turned 19 he has a surprisingly complete game that really stood out at the WJ’s compared to many of his peers.

I agree, i'm happy with his progress, and in my limited scouting knowledge preferred Jake Wise, and hope that he will continue to improve and be more like EP40 and less like Kole Lind.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat Jan 12

AHL

Syracuse 2 Utica 3
Kulbakov 28 saves on 30 shots

Jonathan Dahlen (9) ASST: Tanner Kero (19), Zack MacEwen (16) (PP)
Tanner Kero (16) ASST: Reid Boucher (18), Tom Pyatt (4)
Brendan Gaunce (12) ASST: Wacey Hamilton (3), Carter Bancks (6)

USHL

Lincoln 2 Dubuque 4
Thiessen 16 saves on 18 shots

NCAA

Michigan 2 Ohio State 4
Hughes 1 assist, -1
Lockwood 1 goal (8th), -1

Northeastern 4 Maine 0
Madden 1 assist, even

Harvard 2 Quinnipiac 1
Rathbone 0 points, even

OHL

Ottawa 3 London 5
DiPietro 24 saves on 28 shots

Sarnia 2 Flint 6
Eliot 1 goal (10th), -2

WHL

Brandon 3 Moose Jaw 2
Woo 0 points, even

S_C

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Can the Canucks please just call up Gaunce and get rid of Schaller and Granlund. The man is the best player in Utica and has done very well in his assignments with the big club. He definitely deserves more icetime and opportunity than both Schaller and Granlund at this point.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Can the Canucks please just call up Gaunce and get rid of Schaller and Granlund. The man is the best player in Utica and has done very well in his assignments with the big club. He definitely deserves more icetime and opportunity than both Schaller and Granlund at this point.

It would be awesome if the Canucks could drop Schaller and Granlund between now and the draft, allowing room for Gaunce, he would still need an injury or a Sutter trade once EP is back and correct me if I’m wrong but he would also need to pass through waivers

Gaunce at the NHL level brings zero offense but he plays a really sound game, hard to find a fit for him with Beagle still here

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
It would be awesome if the Canucks could drop Schaller and Granlund between now and the draft, allowing room for Gaunce, he would still need an injury or a Sutter trade once EP is back and correct me if I’m wrong but he would also need to pass through waivers

Gaunce at the NHL level brings zero offense but he plays a really sound game, hard to find a fit for him with Beagle still here
I think his lack of offense has been a combination of bad luck, poor possession teammates, and incredibly difficult zone deployment. Based on what's being reported in Utica and his short tenure with the big club, I see a cheap and valuable bottom 6 shutdown forward.

Oh and hes PPG this year :thumbu:

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think his lack of offense has been a combination of bad luck, poor possession teammates, and incredibly difficult zone deployment. Based on what's being reported in Utica and his short tenure with the big club, I see a cheap and valuable bottom 6 shutdown forward.

Oh and hes PPG this year :thumbu:
Yeah I agree with ya on this one Soupsy, he played pretty well in his couple a games with us this year as well, I was annoyed when he was sent BACK to Utica. And is just piling on the points down there in Utica well Schaller and Granlund continue to frustrate Canuck fans.

Im kinda torn, I want tosee Pettersson play because hes AMAZING and so ENTERTAINING to watch, but he is too good where he is winning games and might be in our interest to sell off a few assets this year and add up some futures and picks. I think we WILL be a playoff team next year but we aint going nowhere fast this year and a higher pick COULD be the best route to chase after IMO

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Gaunce is a puzzle to me on these boards. I don't mind him as a depth piece, but we are talking about a guy with 6 goals in 117 NHL games. And his footspeed is just...limited. Schaller and Granlund are also both limited players, but both are better skaters and both have at least put up double digit goals in a season before.

Gaunce is a guy you start in the neutral zone as much as possible, and he will chip it out, chip it in. I don't think Schaller or Granlund are long term pieces, but really, Schaller is Gaunce's upside at this point. He is what he is, a good AHL piece that can provide safe, low event hockey in case of injuries. Not sure why all the pining to replace slow, limited hockey players with an even slower, more limited one.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad