2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I was mostly rooting for the Blues....and was pretty much on the edge of my seat. I then realized, what if the Panthers are in game 7 double OT at home, I hope I’ll find out how that feels ...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
i still say he'll resign with columbus. they want to resigns all their free agents and have the money to do it according to their management.
They have three young very promising goaltenders - Merzlikins, Tarasov and Vehviläinen, who would all be blocked by Bob. Merzlikins has repeatedly impressed the hell of me internationally - he is 25 and was probably ready to cross the pond a year or two ago if not for Bob; Vehvilainen (22) was excellent in Liiga including the playoffs, Tarasov is the youngest of the bunch at 20 but posted a great season in the VHL and is now headed to the AHL.

Maybe C-bus get a 1-2 year stopgap starter or 1B, but there's no way they should sign Bob to a long-term contract for 8+ mill.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Happy to see St. Louis winning. Hope they win the whole thing!

Boston: Obviously not. They have won a cup recently, and it's Boston.
Carolina: Nope. I don't hate them like some people do here, but they have already won a cup.
Colorado: Nope. They screw us over all the time (Stanley Cup finals/draft!)
San Jose: I really don't want to see hipster Burns, Kane, Karlsson etc. win a cup. A lot of their players are unlikeable.

Also, it would be crazy cool if St. Louis won considering they were bottom of the league like mid way through the season (up until early January as I recall).

Reactions: PSLguy

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I was mostly rooting for the Blues....and was pretty much on the edge of my seat. I then realized, what if the Panthers are in game 7 double OT at home, I hope I’ll find out how that feels ...
We were. The in unison sigh when Madden missed was incredible.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Happy to see St. Louis winning. Hope they win the whole thing!

Boston: Obviously not. They have won a cup recently, and it's Boston.
Carolina: Nope. I don't hate them like some people do here, but they have already won a cup.
Colorado: Nope. They screw us over all the time (Stanley Cup finals/draft!)
San Jose: I really don't want to see hipster Burns, Kane, Karlsson etc. win a cup. A lot of their players are unlikeable.

Also, it would be crazy cool if St. Louis won considering they were bottom of the league like mid way through the season (up until early January as I recall).

Is it bad that I still hold a grudge against bouwmeester and don't care to see him win a cup? Out of the remaining bunch, the only team I don't have some sort of dislike for or historical grudge is probably san jose...well except maybe kane. Does someone have to win it??

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Thanks. It is one of my pet peeves as they mean the opposite thing!

You need to re-sign as grammar police :naughty:

FinishedNeedyGrizzlybear-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's tough to root for the Bruins, but I can tolerate it just for the way their media and fanbase has called for Rask's head after the 2013 run. Tuukka deserves the cup as a starter.

Canes meh, too many young guys and no story, other than the team itself, to root for.

Blues hopefully make it from the west, their fanbase deserves it.

Avs meh.

Sharks, I think they'll have a hard time getting past STL. Plenty of veteran storylines though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad