2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The GM should be fired for giving the house away IMO. Not left with much of a choice, but how did he go into the UFA seasons of both these guys and not know what the intentions were. Then throws a bunch of players and picks at a 2nd round postseason run?

Even if Duchene resigns (unlikely IMO) he set the franchise back quite a bit.

He knew what their intentions were and that they would not be back in Columbus next season.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The GM should be fired for giving the house away IMO. Not left with much of a choice, but how did he go into the UFA seasons of both these guys and not know what the intentions were. Then throws a bunch of players and picks at a 2nd round postseason run?

Disagree, he gambled on his team and made them relevant for once, and like the post above, he knew they weren't coming back but just went all in.

also

lexandre Texier - 19
Pierre-Luc Dubois - 20
Oliver Bjorkstrand 24
Josh Anderson - 24
Alexander Wennberg 24
Boone Jenner - 25
Cam Atkinson - 29
Riley Nash - 29
Nick Foligno - 31
Defence
Zach Werenski - 21
Andrew Peeke - 21
Vladislav Gavrikov - 23
Seth Jones - 24
Markus Nutivaara - 24
Ryan Murray - 25
Dean Kukan - 25
David Savard - 28

That's a solid core. Not having any draft picks is problematic but with their cap room they can retool in a year or 2.

Reactions: klabob

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Disagree, he gambled on his team and made them relevant for once, and like the post above, he knew they weren't coming back but just went all in.

also

lexandre Texier - 19
Pierre-Luc Dubois - 20
Oliver Bjorkstrand 24
Josh Anderson - 24
Alexander Wennberg 24
Boone Jenner - 25
Cam Atkinson - 29
Riley Nash - 29
Nick Foligno - 31
Defence
Zach Werenski - 21
Andrew Peeke - 21
Vladislav Gavrikov - 23
Seth Jones - 24
Markus Nutivaara - 24
Ryan Murray - 25
Dean Kukan - 25
David Savard - 28

That's a solid core. Not having any draft picks is problematic but with their cap room they can retool in a year or 2.

according to the management group they may resign all their free agents including panarin and bobrosky who didn't do himself any favors with his performance . bobrosky was terrible in the playoffs. his team bailed him out in the first round by outscoring their opponents. the second round they couldn't do that because rask was unbelievable! if i had my choice of any goalie in the leaugue my first choice would be rask!!! wouldn't be surprised if columbus resign all their free agents and continue on with that GREAT Roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
according to the management group they may resign all their free agents including panarin and bobrosky who didn't do himself any favors with his performance . bobrosky was terrible in the playoffs. his team bailed him out in the first round by outscoring their opponents. the second round they couldn't do that because rask was unbelievable! if i had my choice of any goalie in the leaugue my first choice would be rask!!! wouldn't be surprised if columbus resign all their free agents and continue on with that GREAT Roster.
1. There is literally 0% chance either player comes back, regardless of Florida

2. to bolded:
pj0RzmA.gif

no further comment

Reactions: 5 Hole

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Lol that aint right. Everybody, let me hear you!

source.gif

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Not to pile on, but that's usually how you win in sports.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

What? Which playoffs were you watching?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Bobrovsky was terrible? Dude played awesome man. He kept them in games for the most part. Most think he was the best goalie in the playoffs so far. I really dont get your way of thinking sometimes.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

giphy.gif

Reactions: I am not exposed

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
We have three objectives this offseason:

Get bob
Get panarin
Get a top 4 RD

Don’t care how you do it (buyouts, trades, fill the rest of the team with rookies/cheap deals, whatever.. just get it done)

Also the above players should be able to accept reasonable deals here since taxes, great weather, playing for coach q etc. and this means keeping Hoffman should also be possible

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It was fun to be a part of. Panarin and Bob come out together as well. I mean this is honestly as obvious as it gets that we have an amazing chance of getting them. They have to be a package deal.

They just need to work out a deal for their rights as soon as possible.

The chance at some other team thinking about it should make Tallon jump for it.

They sign Duchene and Jarmo has created a core of

Duchene
Dubois

Werenski- Jones.
That's supposed to be really difficult in this league, with that said their offensive threats just went way down.

They don't need a rebuild, a 1-2 year re-tool.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
They just need to work out a deal for their rights as soon as possible.

The chance at some other team thinking about it should make Tallon jump for it.

They sign Duchene and Jarmo has created a core of

Duchene
Dubois

Werenski- Jones.
That's supposed to be really difficult in this league, with that said their offensive threats just went way down.

They don't need a rebuild, a 1-2 year re-tool.

I don't think Duchene is a game changer like Panarin. He'll get overpaid somewhere, might as well be Columbus. Watching them play it was very clear that Panarin was the driver in that offense.

Having said that I don't think CBJ will be bad without Pan and Bob but just kind of a middle of the road team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think Duchene is a game changer like Panarin. He'll get overpaid somewhere, might as well be Columbus. Watching them play it was very clear that Panarin was the driver in that offense.

Having said that I don't think CBJ will be bad without Pan and Bob but just kind of a middle of the road team.

Which is why I said their offensive threats go way down.

They are in for some work and will take a hit next season, but it's not a complete rebuild either.
Good chance for Florida to steal their playoff spot next season.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bobrovsky was 6-2 with a .950sv% and 2.25gaa before game 5 lol. And he wasnt even bad game 5. Game 6 was his only bad game and he still finished the playoffs with a .925sv% and 2.40GAA

Reactions: I am not exposed

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Bobrovsky was 6-2 with a .950sv% and 2.25gaa before game 5 lol. And he wasnt even bad game 5. Game 6 was his only bad game and he still finished the playoffs with a .925sv% and 2.40GAA

i still say he'll resign with columbus. they want to resigns all their free agents and have the money to do it according to their management.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I knew Tortorella had lost the plot when he promised after game 5 in Boston that they were going to be back there for game 7. That's what happened. Don't find his rants funny now.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not the first couple of UFAs that didnt want to reup in CBus

Duchene is on his third franchise in less than a couple years. Not out of this world to suggest maybe he has had a destination in mind all along. Should have stayed in COL, lol.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
and bobrosky who didn't do himself any favors with his performance . bobrosky was terrible in the playoffs.

You are entitled to your opinion about his performance in the playoffs, but I am not sure anyone else on Earth would agree with the adjective 'terrible' to describe it.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
i still say he'll resign with columbus. they want to resigns all their free agents and have the money to do it according to their management.
I’d be willing to bet there’s a 0 percent chance he resigns. There is a reason they took a bunch of laps around the arena at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad