2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
1st Round
Lightning in 4
Bruins in 6
Capitals in 5
Penguins in 6

Flames in 6
Stars in 7
Blues in 6
Knights in 7

:help:

2nd Round
Blue Jackets in 6
Islanders in 6
Blues in 6
Sharks in 6

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
IDK man. Yes the five minutes was harsh - probably should have been two - but still. It was an unnecessary crosscheck, Pavelski's the captain, there's blood on the ice, they have to help him off ice and he'll be out for a while... Like, if it was Barkov concussed there I'd want them to chuck Eakins/Stastny. If you let it go, does someone get hurt on a retaliation call? The comentators were initially calling this a five minute major even after seeing the replays. And we wouldn't even be having this conversation if Vegas didn't completely drop the ball on the PK.

Two things for me from this: one, the NHL is extremely inconsistent with crosschecks, letting a lot go even though it's really a penalty - you need to be more consistent because otherwise this happens. Two, maybe there should be a video review on penalties, at least the five minute ones. They're pretty rare so it wouldn't slow down the game much and if you're giving a team this long penalty or chucking someone out, you might want a second look.

Reactions: Crossbar

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
STill no reason to allow 4 PPGs during that span

True. It was a terrible call and terrible calls happen sometimes, always have and always will. You just have to roll with the punches the best you can. Las Vegas folded like a cheap tent.

How do you ever give up four during that 5 minute kill is inexcusable.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I despise this argument so much.

It's the same as when people were saying "Who cares if Trocheck was tripped???? The Panthers shouldn't expect to win games 1-0!!!!!!!!!!!"

F off. The refs blew it. Call it how it is.
Yeah, it's easy to say they shouldn't have allowed 4 PP goals but to me what is more true is they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I agree with JAM, should have been a two-minute high-sticking and if they scored it would still be 3-1.

Momentum is a thing, and SJ had a snowball effect once they got it. Way too easy to just say Vegas should have killed it.

-ghoste

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah, it's easy to say they shouldn't have allowed 4 PP goals but to me what is more true is they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I agree with JAM, should have been a two-minute high-sticking and if they scored it would still be 3-1.

Momentum is a thing, and SJ had a snowball effect once they got it. Way too easy to just say Vegas should have killed it.

-ghoste

Forest for the trees though. I kind of hope they use this as an excuse for losing the series but I doubt it, GG's too smart for that.

The fact is they tanked three games in a row against SJ. The only reason they were in the series to begin with was Jones being terrible in several games.

McPhee has gone all in on a middle of the road roster with several vets that have their prime years behind them. I guess I'm just salty lol for Vegas almost winning the cup a la Panthers in the nineties but I truly think they'll follow the same path. This team also exited in the first round after that cup run and it was all downhill from there.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
8YiwWf.jpg

Bob looking f***ing nice

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
Is CBJ doing the same thing they did to Tampa to the Bruins? Stay quiet all game long in game 1 then all the sudden have a flurry of goals near the end of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad