2019 playoff discussion thread-Some no name Russians played their last game in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
San Jose has got to be thinking (even if they aren’t saying so) that this is probably their best chance ever. (Of course same is true for all remaining teams who’ve never won it, but since SJ has come so close....)

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m rooting for STL from the west and (reluctantly) BOS from the east. Despite the islanders feel good season, the wounds are still too raw for me to wish them success.

Reactions: Vilam

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Yeah I want the Blue Jackets to win but I hope Panarin and Bobrovsky don't decide to stay there.

I guess I want Columbus over Bruins (i hate the Bruins a lot) and Carolina over Islanders because yeah... and then Carolina to sweep Columbus, i think that'd hurt the guys the most (in the best sense of the word for us).

Realistically though, Bruins win in 6, Islanders win in 6 and Islanders shocks Boston in 7.

In the west, I'm gonna root for the Avalanche/Dallas but I'm expecting Blues vs Sharks, although the Avs could surprise.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
YES, the Canes made it :D

So Carolina-Islanders? Hmm. I was really cheering on Carolina in round one because they remind me of us with their long playoff drought plus their fans are nice (also, #bunchofjerks and intriguing prospect group). I love me a good story though and Lehner also having playoff success after everything is freaking great... too bad he's playing for Evil Islanders. So I'm like cheering enthusiastically on Carolina but hoping Lehner looks good? (Not too good though. Uh-uh. No god-like mode for him.)

I'm thinking the Islanders win anyway but I'd love to be wrong.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
San Jose has got to be thinking (even if they aren’t saying so) that this is probably their best chance ever. (Of course same is true for all remaining teams who’ve never won it, but since SJ has come so close....)

I dont think they have a chance. In Game 6 they got their first win in 21 chances scoring just two goals in a game

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My heart wants San Jose, but my brain thinks Boston. I hate my brain.
Bos vs SJS is the most logical finals matchup but based on round 1 both teams are done round 2.

That was a damn good round 1. I just want to see CBJ get knocked out at this point; don't want Bob/Bread getting any funny ideas.

Panarin was offered the money he wanted and likes CBJ management, his issue is Ohio. Even if they win the Cup they aren't relocating.

Again with Bob I just think the relationship is damaged beyond repair, but I suppose anything is possible there.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I'm rooting for cbus and nyi in the east. I really admired jarmo for doing what he did at the trade deadline and how their team pulled together through a crazy season. The nyi don't bother me, it was mostly tavares, and it would be pretty sweet too see them go far without him after they were left for dead by everybody else. Still dislike Carolina because we seem to get screwed by refs and diving whenever we play them.

Out west, only team i have any interest in is probably sharks, but jones isn't a recipe for success... Would be cool to see binnington win, he has a good story. Still dislike colorado 20+ years later...

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Maybe all the Shark fans' comments made me bent so I kinda want Colorado to win. Radulov has a punchable face when he screams so I'll go with St. Louis, haha. Also go with the Islanders and Boston.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad