2019 Playoff Avatar thread - (AVATARS AVAILABLE NOW!)

Speak Now or Forever hold your peace:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well this might be a shitty idea but a decent self deprecating one could be

Death, Taxes, and:

Marchesseault: Falling for no reason
Miller: failing to hold the puck at the blueline

Avengers is kind of perfect just because of last year. That was essentially Thanos/Ovechkin and the Caps snapping us out of existence. This year we avenge it.

Wild Bill-Thor
Reaves/Carrier-Hulk
Marche-Rocket
Stone-Vision
Schmidt-Antman
Gallant-Fury
Pacioretty-Hawkeye
Stastny/Tuch- Captain America
etc.
Again, how do you visually indicate which player is which hero?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
But Karlsson looks more like Thor.

And I guess my secondary point is, how do you even indicate which player is which hero?

I think the strength in "whatever it takes" is just the quote itself and we can use the Avengers logo and color scheme to make it work.
Slide 1= Players face, As (Insert Character here). on bottom half of pic. >> Slide 2 Flimsy Justification >> Slide 3: What Ever it Takes >> Slide 4 VGK playoff logo thingy.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Let's not get into too much of a photoshop commitment.

I'm going to try to find previous years playoff avis from other teams. I think our frame of reference is a little off.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Slide 1= Players face, As (Insert Character here). on bottom half of pic. >> Slide 2 Flimsy Justification >> Slide 3: What Ever it Takes >> Slide 4 VGK playoff logo thingy.

I think 3 frames would prolly be best actually. 1 with the player. Then use the Endgame character poster that corresponds. Then Stanley Cup logo and "Whatever it takes".

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think 3 frames would prolly be best actually. 1 with the player. Then use the Endgame character poster that corresponds. Then Stanley Cup logo and "Whatever it takes".
This is why we need examples from previous years.

I'm going to curate some examples from other teams avis in previous seasons.

I feel like five is the sweet spot, and that's only due to the 50K memory limit got most posters.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This is why we need examples from previous years.

I'm going to curate some examples from other teams avis in previous seasons.

I feel like five is the sweet spot, and that's only due to the 50K memory limit got most posters.
Can't even remember the theme might have been cardiac kids for the flames last PO appearance, unfortunately aren't hosted anymore.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Better to keep the slogan off the Stanley Cup logo imo.
140829.jpg

The flames used this as a theme a few years back, I show more for how we could lay it out than the theme. Which would combine Slide 1 and 2.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
140829.jpg

The flames used this as a theme a few years back, I show more for how we could lay it out than the theme. Which would combine Slide 1 and 2.
I'm getting this nagging feeling that the Avengers has been done already the more I think about it. Didn't Vancouver do that?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm getting this nagging feeling that the Avengers has been done already the more I think about it. Didn't Vancouver do that?
Most everythings been done. Flames did Flame of Thrones last season I believe. Anything popular culture has probably been done.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel like I remember a Canucks fan with Kassian's face photoshopped onto the Hulk that he used for years even after that year's playoff run.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Also, I think the slogan of this series can be

"We're swimming with the Sharks until they drown"

Stealing this from the playoff thread, but I think the goal song kind of sums up what the playoff avi thread should be.

The song lyric in our goal song is, "swimming with the sharks until we drown" which is negative for the Knights. Until you love the Knights and don't give a f*** because we're scoring goals when it plays.

We make our reality. f*** what other people think.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Stealing this from the playoff thread, but I think the goal song kind of sums up what the playoff avi thread should be.

The song lyric in our goal song is, "swimming with the sharks until we drown" which is negative for the Knights. Until you love the Knights and don't give a **** because we're scoring goals when it plays.

We make our reality. **** what other people think.
giphy.gif

Or something along those lines, for the injuries we've had. Although it was probably more impressive last year down to our 5th string goalie.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
A couple of quotes from skyrim would be interesting too, but in a broader sense I'm not to sure how they would work.

"Do you get to the playoffs often? of course you don't" "I used to be a hockey player like you and then I took an arrow to the knee"

member 151739

A couple of quotes from skyrim would be interesting too, but in a broader sense I'm not to sure how they would work.

"Do you get to the playoffs often? of course you don't" "I used to be a hockey player like you and then I took an arrow to the knee"

"You know what's wrong with the playoffs these days? Everyone is obsessed with seeding."

"Let me guess. Someone stole your playoff spot." For bandwagon avatars!

"See those avatars from Vegas? They've got Skyrim quotes. Skyrim. Quotes."

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

The song lyric in our goal song is, "swimming with the sharks until we drown" which is negative for the Knights. Until you love the Knights and don't give a **** because we're scoring goals when it plays.

We make our reality. **** what other people think.
Well first off, ideally you'd change the lyric as I did to make it not negative, but even if you did that it really only works for one round.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Hello! Tag or DM me once you guys have finished up with your avatars and I’ll add to the thread on the main board. Let me know who to give credit to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad