NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Just a thoroughly embarrassing response from LeBron. Shouldn't come as a surprise. The guy is a high school graduate who plays basketball for a living. To expect a well thought out and insightful response would have in fact been the surprise.

The hypocrisy here is downright comical. It almost borders on despicable. And for him to say someone with a Master's from MIT was misinformed was truly laughable.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Just a thoroughly embarrassing response from LeBron. Shouldn't come as a surprise. The guy is a high school graduate who plays basketball for a living. To expect a well thought out and insightful response would have in fact been the surprise.

The hypocrisy here is downright comical. It almost borders on despicable. And for him to say someone with a Master's from MIT was misinformed was truly laughable.

I think it was brought up on Tuesday's PTI show but could you imagine the crap hitting the fan if Morey was the one that said LeBron was misinformed. The inmates are truly running the asylum in this league. :thumbd:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LeMao really dug himself a grave.

Basically, its great to stand up for freedom and human rights as long as it doesn't cost him money.

He literally bowed to one of the most oppressive regimes on earth. What a joke.

"Republicans buy sneakers too!" - MJ

"Communists buy sneakers too!" - LeBron

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
“I don’t want to get into a word or sentence feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn’t educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke,” said James. “So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and what we say and what we do. Even though yes, we do have freedom of speech, it can be a lot of negative that comes with it.”

- pretty telling that he mentioned " financially " before anything else.
- wtf is a " sentence feud " ????

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Oh this topic will not die Lebron.
You’ve dug a hole so deep that it’s making the political and social rounds.

"Were not politicians" but he has no issues talking about POTUS, gun control etc.

Love how he said if a player had tweeted what Morey did there would have been repercussions..... ummmm you've launched various tweets against authority in the US with no punishment. Give me a break.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
"Were not politicians" but he has no issues talking about POTUS, gun control etc.

Love how he said if a player had tweeted what Morey did there would have been repercussions..... ummmm you've launched various tweets against authority in the US with no punishment. Give me a break.

Does LeBron know what he’s stepped into?
This isn’t another “decision” type situation, this involves governments, social issues and in his case millions of dollars being lost for himself and the NBA.

I’ve said in numerous post, he should have waited to say something...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Does LeBron know what he’s stepped into?
This isn’t another “decision” type situation, this involves governments, social issues and in his case millions of dollars being lost for himself and the NBA.

I’ve said in numerous post, he should have waited to say something...

I am surprised he waited a week TBH, he's never been one to hold back on his opinion (which is fine, he's entitled to one) but don't speak out on every issue and then decide the one where you will lose money is the one you need to educated on. He's smarter and better than that.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I am surprised he waited a week TBH, he's never been one to hold back on his opinion (which is fine, he's entitled to one) but don't speak out on every issue and then decide the one where you will lose money is the one you need to educated on. He's smarter and better than that.

He is, and he flubbed that big time, but I kinda get the feeling that him speaking out had less to do with himself and more to do with the fact that almost every NBA player probably wants to kill Morey right now.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I've always been a proponent of players using their platform to discuss issues at hand. Whether its' Kap kneeling, or Simmonds talking about being black in the NHL, or Kerr talking about everything. But this is going to make it harder, specifically in the NBA, for anyone to have an opinion that isn't treated as juvenile.

The fact that Morey, in my opinion, stood up for something very significant and all of the players in the NBA basically shit on him... It's a rough one.

I put Morey up there with Kap, in the sense that he actually sacrificed something. LeBron is a fraud.

Reactions: MikeCubs

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I've always been a proponent of players using their platform to discuss issues at hand. Whether its' Kap kneeling, or Simmonds talking about being black in the NHL, or Kerr talking about everything. But this is going to make it harder, specifically in the NBA, for anyone to have an opinion that isn't treated as juvenile.

The fact that Morey, in my opinion, stood up for something very significant and all of the players in the NBA basically **** on him... It's a rough one.

I put Morey up there with Kap, in the sense that he actually sacrificed something. LeBron is a fraud.

As fake as they come.

Reactions: MikeCubs and Ivan13

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I didn't see this coming. It only delays his free agency by a year but still big for the Wizards.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Morey stood up for his beliefs, Lebron wants him gone because of millions of dollars lost.

Which one is it Lebron? I’m disappointed on how you’ve handled this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad