Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season: re-sign F Colin Wilson ($2.6m AAV x 1y)

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I don’t think they left a dead man on a couch for a year.

Colin's corpse:

C4bg6VPW8AgoRn3.jpg

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
What if the team just accidentally forgot about him and left him in the sauna in his robe and slippers and he decomposed and was never seen again?

Reactions: MarkT

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So if you're scoring at home, and want to know why he was out (quoted from article linked above)...

...this last year has been tough. I had to have double hip surgery in December 2019 because of issues that came from the groin problems I’ve had since I was a kid. But my hips haven’t healed properly, and I haven’t been able to walk normally all year, so I just had to have it done again. It’s hard because I haven’t been on the ice in a long, long time. I haven’t had much control.

I don’t know when I will again, either.

If I’m being honest, I think my days of playing hockey are probably over.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

As someone who suffers from health based anxiety and OCD, I can relate very heavily with Wilson. Everyday is a struggle. Things that are normal for regular people are not regular for you. I would say I am a pretty well put together guy. I have a job, I am back in school for Computer Science, and I am in a solid relationship with a lovely girl. But even at this time in my life, my early 30's, when everything is supposed to be making a bit more sense. When you are "supposed" to know what you're doing by societal standards - I wake up daily scared, anxious, and feeling alone and often falling into deep depression. My obsessions, like his, turned on me. Originally from wanting to be the best at my job, the games I would play, or anything I would approach. To a point where all I could do is coast through days.

I feel like I wasted most of my 20s in a haze of anxiety, worry, stress, and depression. And now, as I finally get help and see the light at the end of the tunnel, I too can see the hardships people with mental illnesses have to face daily. Now with more clarity and less being the one in the thunderstorm.

Sorry for a bit of a rant and sharing a bit TMI. But Colin Wilson is someone who I can look at now as a brother in this crazy world that hasn't always been so open to people with mental illness. I am very proud of him and the courage it took him to write this piece.

He'll never hear this but Love ya Colin. You can continue to overcome this and all of us that suffer from these things can help each other.

If anyone ever needs to talk about their issues. Feel free to hit me up as well.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We had to hear it from Colin as no journalist could get the info on his injury. Quite amazing.
I think this actually explains why the Avs kept an airtight lid on this. They were trying to keep the media away from him while he recovered, admirable on their part in hindsight, even if the RIP Wilson jokes were fun.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think this actually explains why the Avs kept an airtight lid on this. They were trying to keep the media away from him while he recovered, admirable on their part in hindsight, even if the RIP Wilson jokes were fun.

Perhaps that was a contributing factor for the privacy, but the main reason he wasn't playing sounds like it was the double hip surgery he had.

Like I said in the other thread though, I'm glad he's on a path to a happier life. He's a good dude and he's battled through a lot.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They could have easily disclosed the surguries and made an update on his playing status. Also, it does not explain why all media failed to document his absence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad