Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season Avs sign Nichushkin to 1 year deal

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Couldn't they give him a PTO instead of signing him to a contract?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really can't help but think that Dano would be a passible NHL player if he slimmed to 195. Hockey players and front offices get so obsessed with weight that I think it becomes a huge detriment to players especially those with below average skating, made even worse for those with wide frames like Dano. I'll point out Kase in Anaheim as a guy who has resisted the push to become heavier, he hovers in the 185 range and looks almost meek as his frame could handle 200 easily. It keeps his skating up and capable so his skill set can come out.

Interesting thought. I have to admit to always sorta figuring that wider framed guys put that muscle on more naturally...meaning the muscle fit onto their frame more naturally...and so the increased mass wouldn't impact their movements/fluidity as much as it did narrower guys who bulked up, thus assuming it didn't impact their mobility as much and so not really thought about that angle much. Gunna have to keep that in mind moving forward to see how my preconceptions on this track with reality.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He’s obviously talented, but I’m not expecting much. I hope Bednar can convert him into a more defensive forward who chips in offensively, like he did with Nieto.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He’s obviously talented, but I’m not expecting much. I hope Bednar can convert him into a more defensive forward who chips in offensively, like he did with Nieto.

I think Bednar will convert him into a full-time (and successful) nachos eater.

Reactions: Metallo

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What if he scores 50 points in 20 games?
giphy.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Come on, I would eat something bigger if Nichushkin scored 50 points in 20 games, like a building as long as it's mostly made of wood
I consider twelve shoes to be a much more intimidating meal than one shoe

Eating a building just seems impractical to me, I'm not sure you've thought this through

Reactions: Murzu and cgf

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I consider twelve shoes to be a much more intimidating meal than one shoe

Eating a building just seems impractical to me, I'm not sure you've thought this through
My kid eats his shoes all the time, doesn't seem to be a big deal

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Quite frankly, when our pro scouts get obsessed with somebody they tend to make it happen one way or another... even if it doesn't make sense.

That should be called Yzerman Syndrome. Brilliant as he has proven to be as a GM, when he gets locked into a certain player he gets that player, even if said player has proven to be ineffective.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Interesting thought. I have to admit to always sorta figuring that wider framed guys put that muscle on more naturally...meaning the muscle fit onto their frame more naturally...and so the increased mass wouldn't impact their movements/fluidity as much as it did narrower guys who bulked up, thus assuming it didn't impact their mobility as much and so not really thought about that angle much. Gunna have to keep that in mind moving forward to see how my preconceptions on this track with reality.

Keep in mind I'm more on the extreme end of the weight argument. I'd much rather a player be a bit too lean than a bit to heavy. Each player is different and carries weight differently, but just because a frame can support a weight, doesn't mean a player should be that weight. I remember MacK getting near 220 and not being nearly as effective of player and not having that burst. Now the 200-205 range, he's much more explosive and doesn't seem any less powerful.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Keep in mind I'm more on the extreme end of the weight argument. I'd much rather a player be a bit too lean than a bit to heavy. Each player is different and carries weight differently, but just because a frame can support a weight, doesn't mean a player should be that weight. I remember MacK getting near 220 and not being nearly as effective of player and not having that burst. Now the 200-205 range, he's much more explosive and doesn't seem any less powerful.
Mack said in that Chicklets interview that he now plays between 195-200. But you are right about him not being as effective when he was heavier.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mack said in that Chicklets interview that he now plays between 195-200. But you are right about him not being as effective when he was heavier.
Even better! The old hockey thinking of bulking up as much as possible should be completely tossed out the window. It always scares me when I hear a team tells a player to bulk up, or they gained 15lbs in a summer. It almost never works out well.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Ya he even kind of chuckled and pretty much admitted he was playing at a much too heavy weight for him. He said something like "Ya I was a UNIT back then" hahahahahah

I swear his neck alone back then weighed about 40 pounds easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad