Confirmed with Link: 2019 Off-Season Avs sign Nichushkin to 1 year deal

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
An argument can be made that Nuke fits nicely into the current Bura contract slot, though someone might toos and extra $1M his way. Nate's money is safely hidden in EJ's retirement party. In order to pay Kadri and Nuke both $6M, Sakic needs to find $2.5 million. He can find that $$ in a Frankie + Husso / Fleury or similar goalie investment. The team, and this board, will just have to get accustomed to not having a goalie who can steal games.

Then find some money for Byram's raise in 23-24...
USD2.5mil?

Goodbye, JTC.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I'm starting to hate that all the media keep pushing the narrative that he should ask for a ton of money.
It hurts the Avs, so of course they are. :laugh:
1655674954983.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Frenchy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Are there any guys you think would be good reclamation projects for the Avs this off-season?

My mind keeps coming back to Morgan Frost, whose skating would be a nice fit for the Avs (though I'm not sure about his two-way game). He's been up and down to the minors but isn't waivers exempt anymore starting in October. Maybe a prospect swap around Ranta or Kaut would appeal to Fletcher.

Edit: Also wonder if NJ would part with Zetterlund, he has a decent motor on the forecheck which might suit Bednar's bottom 6.

Wish we could get a hold of Emil Heineman at some point too, he's a high IQ forechecker as well.
Frost is a great shout and would be one of my main choices. I am a huge Zetterlund fan, I wanted Avs to draft them with their third rounder but decided to go for somebody else who probably isn't with the organisation anymore (I can't remember who we picked instead). Zacha is probably the biggest potential reclamation project that I can think of and somebody who can potentially be a 50 to 60 point two-way centre if his buttons start clicking together. Likewise with Necas.

Reactions: Richard88

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Frost is a great shout and would be one of my main choices. I am a huge Zetterlund fan, I wanted Avs to draft them with their third rounder but decided to go for somebody else who probably isn't with the organisation anymore (I can't remember who we picked instead). Zacha is probably the biggest potential reclamation project that I can think of and somebody who can potentially be a 50 to 60 point two-way centre if his buttons start clicking together. Likewise with Necas.
Wanna get sad? The Devils picked him with our third rounder in 2017, the third rounder we traded for Eric Gelinas...

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad