Game 1: Cardinals 5, Braves 0
Game 2 Braves 3, Cardinals 1
Game 3: Braves 6, Cardinals 3
Game 4: Cardinals 4, Braves 3
Game 5: Cardinals 8, Braves 4

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
In what world could they have gotten the double play? Ball lands in front of the LF. He takes two quick steps, picks up the ball and throws it in. They weren’t even close to getting 1 out. There was no way even if it was perfectly executed that they were going to get two. Even if they did somehow manage to pull it off the right call would be to call an infield fly because it goes towards the spirit of the rule. As it happened though there was no attempt at an infield fly, it was a classic miscommunication between fielders in the outfield on a pop-up. The right thing to do was to let it play as is.
Except that you can’t predict the miscommunication. Holbrook called it before that. If I recall correctly, him yelling fly is what caused Kozma to think he was getting called off, which makes sense because Holiday 1) wouldn’t call off kozma and 2) looked surprise. That hesitation plus the couple of steps let runners advance, combined with their not having gotten back to the bag. Hesitation and two steps plus not being prepared is a lot different than planning on doing it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Cards are a walking voodoo jinx, curse, black cat and broken mirror. Those f***ers find a way to win seemingly no matter what. No way am I betting against them.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
LOL McCann just slides right into the tag. I know he's old and a catcher but you gotta do better than that to at least try and avoid the tag.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Cardinals offense really sucks. I’m sort of surprised they had as good a season as they did with a lineup like this

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He didn’t come close to swinging but he was out on that 0-2 pitch anyway so I guess guess it all evens out

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He didn’t come close to swinging but he was out on that 0-2 pitch anyway so I guess guess it all evens out
The overhead angle kinda made it look like the bat went across home but yeah, not sure that was a swing. Braves fans have their new excuse if they lose

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The overhead angle kinda made it look like the bat went across home but yeah, not sure that was a swing. Braves fans have their new excuse if they lose

Braves pen is really awful. They need to score here or I think they lose this game

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is like watching the Mets defense in the 2015 World Series

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Gallegos is looking to give a run to them.

Frustrating outcome all around. Should have gotten out of the inning. Instead, two runs

The Cardinals got two really bad bounces that inning on balls that really weren’t hit all that well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad