• Total voters

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
When the Cardinals win, MLB loses.

Baseball is more fun when St. Louis is not in the playoffs

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Always good to see an AA team lose.

Such an overrated GM especially up here where people give him so much credit just for being a Canadian.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hopefully the Braves don't waste their money this offseason bringing guys like Donaldson or Markakis back. Keep plugging in young position players and use money in FA to bring in pitchers as long as you can only develop a couple of MLB pitchers out of all the top pitching prospects we've had in the minors the last few years.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Such an overrated GM especially up here where people give him so much credit just for being a Canadian.

What? He’s a good GM and in his short time in Atlanta he’s got them poised for a long winning window. He inherited a lot of good assets but he’s building a really strong team. Obviously needs to focus on pitching now.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Meanwhile, John “I didn’t even make a trade deadline move” Mozeliak once again has the magic horseshoe

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What? He’s a good GM and in his short time in Atlanta he’s got them poised for a long winning window. He inherited a lot of good assets but he’s building a really strong team. Obviously needs to focus on pitching now.

He may be a good GM, and that is a big may, but he is far from the great GM he is treated like in Canada. He makes a lot of moves, many which are very bad, which the media and allows fans to overrate him and the guys he brings in but he is far from a top GM in the game.

If I was a fan of a MLB I would not want him to take over my team.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I would rather the Yankees win the next 8 WS than the Cardinals ever win another one

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
where are the people that chose the braves hiding now?
*Poster who nobody recognizes because he/she never posts asks where all the Braves fans are hiding. LOL...Post of the year.

Anyway...that was a kick in pants. I hadn't even opened my beer yet and the game was over.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
because I want to see new blood and fresh faces break through in October for a change of pace

Not sure if you are aware, but in the last 9 seasons we've had the Cubs end a 108 year drought, Astros win their first title, KC win their first in 30 years, SF win 3 after not winning any in 50+ years.

STL also missed the playoffs the last 3 years and hasnt been in a WS since 2013, which in baseball feels like a lifetime ago.

He essentially built the Blue Jays teams that made back to back ALCS' AND signed Biggio/Guerrero Jr/Bichette who will be the core of the enxt great team.

How is he overrated?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He essentially built the Blue Jays teams that made back to back ALCS' AND signed Biggio/Guerrero Jr/Bichette who will be the core of the enxt great team.

How is he overrated?

He sold the future to not even get to a single WS and needed a ton of luck to even get to the ALCS which is why the Jays are god awful right now with no sign of getting better.

Next great team seems very hopeful. No sign the Jays are even going to good let alone great.

The guy is a bang average GM that makes a lot of moves so fans and media can overrate then at the time and ignore it when it turns out not to be as great as they thought.

To the majority of the fans and media in Canada the guy is treated as an elite GM and that if he stayed the Jays would be perenial WS champs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad