GDT: 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Back in the 1st Round Edition

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'll take Miller for 31 (Kaliyev) and Alex Nylander - that's the rumored package for Jimmy Vesey.

but I also like Roslovic from the Jets. He requested a trade so he'd normally not be available.

I have to wonder what these trades for Clarkson and Holden would be, Miller and Eakin have a market so that shouldn't be a problem for the team and Reaves is probably tradeable but Clarkson and maybe Holden would take an asset and I would want that to be at most a 2nd and a 3rd to trade both.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Tampa Bay clearing space and they need a RD.
They just traded JT Miller to the Canucks. Are they in on Colin Miller?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Tampa Bay clearing space and they need a RD.
They just traded JT Miller to the Canucks. Are they in on Colin Miller?

Marleau took a 1st to move and did you see Subban trade? I think Clarkson is easier to move than Marleau asking for a buyout but it probably takes a 2nd, maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.

Miller might not bring back anything and if we trade Pacioretty we may need to treat it as a cap dump and get back pennies.

Or else Eakin would have to be given away and hopefully we would find trades for Holden and Reaves without having to trade anything more than a few 5ths with them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I could see NJ wanting Reaves now that they're loading up to play against Washington.

Marleau took a 1st to move and did you see Subban trade? I think Clarkson is easier to move than Marleau asking for a buyout but it probably takes a 2nd, maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.

Miller might not bring back anything and if we trade Pacioretty we may need to treat it as a cap dump and get back pennies.

Or else Eakin would have to be given away and hopefully we would find trades for Holden and Reaves without having to trade anything more than a few 5ths with them.

PK is worth considerably less than his normal value because there's a panic about this years cap and next. They're worried about not having money for Duchene and Josi.

This makes Miller even MORE valuable than he was at the deadline due to his term and >4m cap hit.

Clarkson can be put on LTIR if they make the right moves. They asked for his NTC so they could trade him if it was absolutely necessary.

Relaaaaaaaaaaaax everything's going to be fine and they just might pick up a solid player this weekend.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Just traded up w SJ to take a dman: 48 & 82nd overall for 41.

Kaedan Korczak 41st OA, one of the picks the Sharks got for Braun.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I could see NJ wanting Reaves now that they're loading up to play against Washington.

PK is worth considerably less than his normal value because there's a panic about this years cap and next. They're worried about not having money for Duchene and Josi.

This makes Miller even MORE valuable than he was at the deadline due to his term and >4m cap hit.

Clarkson can be put on LTIR if they make the right moves. They asked for his NTC so they could trade him if it was absolutely necessary.

Relaaaaaaaaaaaax everything's going to be fine and they just might pick up a solid player this weekend.

Lightning got a pretty good deal so maybe they feel more comfortable moving assets for Miller.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
See? They got a conditional 1st to move a huge contract. Although JT Miller is a good top 6 player.

Knights still have 6 picks: 2 3rds a 4th, and 3 5ths

I think I'm ready for the cap issues to be cleared.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There goes Legare but Dorofeyev is a good one too.

No big trades for VGK until tonight?

I'm sure at this point everyone knows its a small range to be confirmed between 81.5 and 82.0. I think what the lack of movement to this point means is they don't want to make a whole lot of moves for picks, but its still early and the throw away picks you put into trades (5th to 7th rounders) as filler to get deals done are still in play. Probably does mean management isn't that worried about the cap and if they did make moves they might want some prospects instead of picks. Understandable considering the age pyramid issue that's been identified before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad