NFL: 2019 NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Trades

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Pats bring in a TE or OL.

Maybe WR but Harry returned to practice today and is eligible to return Week 9. Gordon and Edelman are banged up though.

Reactions: pockets

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Every WR to New England...Diggs, Green, Allen, Sanu, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Cobb, Hurns, Sanders, Thomas, or maybe even AB again...

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Well, my Rams kick off the trade season with two significant moves. I'm sure we will be acquiring another corner soon, as I don't think we want to have Troy Hill and Nickell Robey-Coleman as our starting CBs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Market should be hot for Patrick Peterson. For sure a 2nd plus another pick. Possibly even a first.

trent Williams should be moved from Washington.

AJ Green, Bengals should be testing them market on him as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gotta think the Packers look at a WR and potentially a pass catching TE as Jimmy Graham is beyond cooked.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Not sure how this makes any sense for Tennessee (or even the Lions in all honesty).

Bucs seem like a great fit though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It appears the Skins are seriously not going to trade him

Such a laughable organization

Dumbest organization out there. They're rebuilding (or at least should be) but might hang onto their 31 year old holdout LT out of spite.

Jay Glazer in his mailbag today:

If the Washington Redskins don’t trade Trent Williams, they’re crazy. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing here. I don’t get it.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I'd love Drake over Barber but at all Arians should give more time to RoJo. He's really talented. Bucs should target Howard with Drake.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland

o4RPO56.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Price would have to be hefty to part with OJ Howard who still has year 4 of his rookie deal, plus the team will pick up his 5th year option. (of course, in today's NFL, if Howard has the clout, he'd hold out to get a new deal rather than play the 5th year option).

Curious to see some former 1st rounders names being mentioned. But, with a new coaching staff in most cases, they are not with the same management group that drafted them like Leonard Williams for the NYJ, so very possible the team moves on.
Teams are going to balance the likelihood of compensatory pick(s), not always guaranteed because it's based on a formula of who you lose and who you sign that off-season. Seahawks, 2 summers ago lost S. Richardson, P. Richardson, J. Graham, etc. and didn't get a compensatory pick last draft because they signed players from other teams.
So, if the Jets are going to be active in free agency, and most expect that they will, then they won't be getting a compensatory pick for Williams.
If you're not planning on dipping into free agency, then you're going to ask for at least what you would get in a compensatory pick (and you will likely get that pick a year earlier than a comp pick).

If Atlanta is not going to extend their TE Hooper, he's likely a 4th round compensatory pick at best. 3rd round pick is the highest you can get and those are for guys who get $12 million or higher on average in a contract.

Reactions: Tuggy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Makes sense for Miami to trade Drake if they don’t plan on extending him. Final year of his rookie contract this season.

they should have plenty of cap space but depends on whether they wish to spend it or tank for Lawrence. If they spend in the off season then they risk not getting a compensatory pick for Drake.

drake in free agency would likely sign a deal worth a 4th to 5th round compensatory pick. Wouldn’t crack $10 mill per. Likely not even $8 mill per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad