NFL Draft: 2019 NFL Draft GDT

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vikings filled some needs and improved their offense quite a bit with their first three picks. Dru Samia is also an intriguing guard prospect and he should come in and possibly compete for a starting job.

I'm still concerned about this OL though. The draft has passed and there's still a huge question mark at the LG spot. Most people are penciling Elflein in there but he hasn't played G in a few years and I don't know if his athletic profile fits at G in the NFL. Samia could be their best option for that spot, which is a bit scary.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Getting Rosen may have been the best move in the draft. He would have been a top 5 pick. Worst QBs in decades.

Reactions: Dominator13

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Strange Ravens draft, I'll give it a C. Lamar and Hollywood should be good for a few big plays per year.

UDFA szn is where they shine though.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Love what the Colts did.

The defense will have so many personnel and sub-package options, it'd ridiculous.

Campbell was my favourite overall receiver of the draft. To me he was never going to reach pick 26 (had him going 22nd to Baltimore), nevermind pick 59. With his blazing speed in that offense? Watch out.

Reactions: Il Mediano

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Of course the Bucs draft another kicker. Can we please fire Licht. How clueless could one person possibly be??
Ok circling back around now that I’ve calmed down.

Overall I don’t hate the draft Licht put together. Devin White is elite and (I know a lot to prove yet) I honestly see the Patrick Willis comparisons. I get double dipping on the secondary but triple dipping seemed a bit much, especially in the 2-3 round range. I will say the secondary was atrocious last year so I get the thought, but there are other holes.

Also wish OL would have been addressed, as the Bucs are one injury away from falling apart up there. The kicker pick still was so stupid, especially for the Bucs given the Aguayo debacle. If another team did it I probably wouldn’t mind it so much.

Overall grade for Bucs: C+

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Strange Ravens draft, I'll give it a C. Lamar and Hollywood should be good for a few big plays per year.

UDFA szn is where they shine though.
Weird, I liked it. I'd probably give it a B. Hit on most of their needs, got tons of speed on offense. Only thing they didn't get was an ILB, and since they kept passing on the one from Bama I don't think they liked their options.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So for those that follow College football - how did the Cowboys do ????

Round 2 ( 58th overall ) Trysten Hill ( DT ) UCF
Round 3 ( 90th overall ) Connor McGovern ( OG ) Penn State
Round 4 ( 128th overall ) Tony Pollard ( RB ) Memphis
Round 5 ( 158th overall ) Michael Jackson ( CB ) Miami
Round 5 ( 165th overall ) Joe Jackson ( DE ) Miami
Round 6 ( 213th overall ) Donovan Wilson ( S ) Texas A&M
Round 7 ( 218th overall ) Mike Weber ( RB ) Ohio State
Round 7 ( 241st overall ) Jalen Jelks ( DE ) Oregon

Sep 19, 2008
So for those that follow College football - how did the Cowboys do ????

Round 2 ( 58th overall ) Trysten Hill ( DT ) UCF
Round 3 ( 90th overall ) Connor McGovern ( OG ) Penn State
Round 4 ( 128th overall ) Tony Pollard ( RB ) Memphis
Round 5 ( 158th overall ) Michael Jackson ( CB ) Miami
Round 5 ( 165th overall ) Joe Jackson ( DE ) Miami
Round 6 ( 213th overall ) Donovan Wilson ( S ) Texas A&M
Round 7 ( 218th overall ) Mike Weber ( RB ) Ohio State
Round 7 ( 241st overall ) Jalen Jelks ( DE ) Oregon
Dallas Cowboys
2 (58). Central Florida DT Trysten Hill
3 (90). Penn State G/C Connor McGovern
4 (128). Memphis RB/KR Tony Pollard
5 (158). Miami CB Michael Jackson
5 (165). Miami DE Joe Jackson
6 (213). Texas A&M S Donovan Wilson
7 (218). Ohio State RB Mike Weber
7 (241). Oregon DE Jalen Jelks
Overview: Amari Cooper should be included in this haul after the Cowboys acquired him for the No. 27 pick. Word leaked in the weeks leading up to the draft that Hill would be Dallas’ selection at No. 58 if available, and he was. Hill had a 2018 falling out with UCF’s new coaching staff but was a fringe first-round talent on film and turned in a top-five SPARQ score among interior defensive linemen at the Combine. Compared to Rodger Saffold by O-Line guru Lance Zierlein, McGovern is insurance on C Travis Frederick (illness, shoulder) and LG Connor Williams, who lost his starting job as a rookie. Pollard was the best kick returner in the draft and caught 104 passes in only three seasons at Memphis, where he dabbled at slot receiver and tailback behind Darrell Henderson. The Cowboys threw a bunch of darts at potential role players on day three. Weber has a relatively big name but looked ordinary on college tape, largely getting what was blocked, averaging only 5.5 career yards per reception, and generating yards after contact at one of the lowest rates in the class. Jelks was a highly productive pass rusher in the Pac 12 but bombed athletically in pre-draft workouts. Ultimately, this was a solid-if-unspectacular class.
Grade: C

Reactions: BostonBob

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Love what the Colts did.

The defense will have so many personnel and sub-package options, it'd ridiculous.

Campbell was my favourite overall receiver of the draft. To me he was never going to reach pick 26 (had him going 22nd to Baltimore), nevermind pick 59. With his blazing speed in that offense? Watch out.

Man, I read that draft so wrong. Can't believe how many LB'ers we picked up.

Don't know much about the safeties we picked up (other than what I've read), but we were right in assuming he'd address that position at least.

I think this draft, more so than the others, really solidified the type of players Ballard targets. That will help me in my next mock draft , haha. It's all about elite physical traits, and elite character. He'll trust the coaching staff to figure out the rest.

Reactions: Dominator13
Sep 19, 2008

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints signed Lil’Jordan Humphrey who I don’t think I realized was in the draft.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Getting Rosen may have been the best move in the draft. He would have been a top 5 pick. Worst QBs in decades.

It was a brilliant move. Either the Dolphins have their man going forward. Or they suck, and can easily get one of the big ticket QB names coming in the next couple seasons in a Tua or Lawrence.

The only way the Cardinals find success is if they fall ass backwards into it; see getting Kurt Warner and him turning back the clock like 10 years in 2009, hiring Bruce Arians and having him turn that team into a contender. Never have the Cards been successful when they actually tried to be.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I watched Daniel Jones a lot, and the guy has the playstyle and (fairly long shot) upside of a poor man's Cam Newton.

Did I say Cam Newton? Sorry, I meant Fran Tarkenton. My mistake.

Anyway, imagine a dual threat guy who can break tackles against NFL behemoths in a scheme running the read option with a dynamic back in Barkley. Newton made defenses freeze like deer in headlights running that with Jonathan Stewart, who couldn't catch a football to save his life or outrun or juke any competent secondary guys (or any secondary guy at all, actually).

Or that's my thinking with zero reading. Yeah, they probably could have gotten him at 17, sure, but it's not surprising to see GM's not want to take risks if they really like a guy.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm surprised Kelvin Harmon fell as far as he did but I think Washington will be happy with him.

Still shocked that Daniel Jones went at #6. Not a bad player but at no time watching him did I envision him being a 1st round pick. But, I'm not a scout and I don't have the knowledge that others do so what the hell do I know? :dunno:

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Daniel Jones was drafted way before he should have :laugh:

Giants fans are very apoplectic about the whole ordeal. Gettleman literally took a torch to the Giants :laugh:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

I think it was a massive overpayment. Rosen has shown no potential and the Cardinals has no leverage after drafting Murray.

If it works out for the Dolphins, they won’t mind overpaying of course.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Daniel Jones was drafted way before he should have :laugh:

If you believe that Jones is a franchise QB, you take him at 6. If you don’t believe he is a franchise QB, you don’t take him at all.

So it was Jones at 6 or nothing. Clearly they believe he is a franchise QB.

Giants fans are very apoplectic about the whole ordeal. Gettleman literally took a torch to the Giants :laugh:

In the 5 seasons prior to Gettleman being hired, the Giants went 33-47 and had zero playoff wins.

Does that not seem like something you want to take a torch to?

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Gettleman claims 2 teams would have taken Jones before 17. :rolleyes: 3 problems. 1. He can't name them. 2. The other teams say no. 3. The Skins took Haskins at 15 so it's not possible that 2 teams would have taken Jones before 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
If you believe that Jones is a franchise QB, you take him at 6. If you don’t believe he is a franchise QB, you don’t take him at all.

So it was Jones at 6 or nothing. Clearly they believe he is a franchise QB.

In the 5 seasons prior to Gettleman being hired, the Giants went 33-47 and had zero playoff wins.

Does that not seem like something you want to take a torch to?

Whoa a Giants fans who is defending Gettleman's work. I am shocked. I didn't know people like this existed. :amazed:

By most accounts the Giants had a horrific draft especially overreaching for Jones at 6. They are getting crucified by the media right now and rightfully so.

This is a team that dealt players largely to save money. Discard Harrison, discard Vernon, discard OBJ (WHO YOU JUST PAID) and just try to develop talent. That, and Eli's heir is an overreach who was roundly criticized by pundits everywhere for going too high. Aren't you Giants / Jets / NY fans supposed to boo every pick, like yall do when the Knicks draft some player? That Porzingis guy , he's a bum. Boo! Boo. Why ain't Jones different.

Imagine a Giants fan preaching patience on developing a draft pick :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad