NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) New Orleans Saints vs (6) Minnesota Vikings - Minnesota wins 26-20

NOMIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
How anybody can claim a guy that has been to one super bowl is the GOAT is beyond me.

Makes no sense.
Simple really. When talking about who is best its a matter of on field ability, something that team results are an irrelevant factor. I'm not going to fault a QB for things beyond his control. The idea that Brees is an inferior QB because he usually has an inferior defence is so hilariously stupid to me.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The coverage on the last play was about as brutal as you can get.

It was a clear mismatch from the snap and he had about a 10 year field to work with. The guy never once looked at the ball so he had no idea what was going on.

There was a small push off but if his head would’ve been on a swivel, he could’ve made a play instead of just waving his arms, hoping for a lucky break.

Thats just it
If he looks back just once, just a glance they may have gone to the booth for a PI review
That look back for the ball is sooooo important.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
They don't need to take 10 extra minutes to review a TD. It either is or isn't PI. Don't like the rules, call your owner to complain.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rudolph extended his arm and there was a little push off but I believe the DB also initiated contact and both guys were hand fighting. I don't think it was egregious but I'm also biased.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The booth probably saw the play and then the immediate replay and decided it wasn't a penalty. I'd agree with that decision. I was rooting for the Saints, but I'm glad no call was made.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They just called OPI on a Seahawks players who made less contact than Rudolph.

I didn’t think Rudolph should have been flagged but it’s just another example of sucky officiating.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Are Saints fans going to make this their version of Dez caught it?

I mean, let’s say OPI is called. Chances are the possession ends with a Vikings FG. Considering how bad the Saints offense was all season, we likely then see the Saints take the ball on their 25 and go four and out for a three point loss.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
NO could have managed the time at end of the game much better. Ended the game with a timeout. Either call one before the punt to save time because with the return, it went under 2 minutes so they didn’t get a free timeout on their first offensive play, or use the final timeout at 21 seconds rather than have the 10s runoff.

you take the timeout before the punt you give Brees 40 more seconds plus the 2 minute warning. Instead of 21 seconds it would be 1 minute to go at the 32 years line. Big difference.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Are Saints fans going to make this their version of Dez caught it?

I mean, let’s say OPI is called. Chances are the possession ends with a Vikings FG. Considering how bad the Saints offense was all season, we likely then see the Saints take the ball on their 25 and go four and out for a three point loss.

Saints offense was pretty productive from week 11 on (Week 10 v Atlanta was a stinker) most notably hanging 46 points on a very solid SF defense in week 14.

Pretty sure they were in the top 10 this year statistically.

Who knows what would have occurred if the Vikes settled for a FG on that possession in OT. Seemed as if the Saints were starting to figure out the Vikes defense in the 4th. Too little, too late.

Wish they would have used Jared Cook more.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seeing the controversial play

I have no issue with it

I think they call too many ticky tack penalties in biggest moments as is. Let them play especially since honestly both guys did a little on that play

Rather no flag then nonsense like offsetting penalties

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Rookie center as well. That will get addressed in the draft.

McCoy was good this year. He wasn’t the problem with the line, it was the two guys I mentioned above, especially Peat. Dude has to go. I think he’s an FA anyhow.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McCoy was good this year. He wasn’t the problem with the line, it was the two guys I mentioned above, especially Peat. Dude has to go. I think he’s an FA anyhow.
Peat is a cream puff, I hope so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad