OT: 2019-nCov (Part 6) QuaranSpring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Out of stock already here within 100 miles.

upload_2020-3-21_15-22-37.png

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Based on an expert I listened to on joe rogan podcast, the main route for infection is simply by breathing. Hand sanitizers can't hurt, but it's impact is unfortunately minimal

Just by breathing eh, guess if all were masked that would avoid most of the infections. I'm not buying infections would rise with the use of a mask, that's just absurd.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the lucky few who neither work with the public or are likely to lose wages. I'm a train conductor for a major freight company so we're going to have to keep moving cars. However I've already noticed that our traffic is down and I imagine some of our clients already are or will be shutting down. The good news is that the decrease in traffic will help us catch up with the massive back log that the barricades caused last month.

I feel for you guys with tenuous employment and income situations. And the job market was already pretty bleak to begin with, with this whole culture of temporary and contract employment. My dad is one of you guys, and just on the cusp of retirement which is now looking less and less feasible by the day. Tough to be in that situation at any age, no less in your 60s. Hang in there everyone, if we do everything right most of us will be back at work soon.
I work in IT for a major North American freight company and I’m afraid that they will start to lay off people as they will have a lot of clients shutting down and less business. They had major layoffs the last two years around the holidays.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
The Quebec government has banned all gatherings, further tightening restrictions on Quebecers as the COVID-19 death toll in the province rose to five and the number of known cases jumped by 42.

There are now 181 confirmed cases as of Saturday, with four more deaths, bringing total to five.
As part of the extension of the public health emergency, Quebec has banned all indoor and outdoor public gatherings.
Call 1-877-644-4545 if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms, instead of 811.
The Canada-U.S. border is closed to non-essential travel as of Saturday.
An infected Quebec City woman was arrested after refusing to remain in isolation.
The Sûreté du Québec will help Quebec enforce the Public Health Act.
The SAQ will now be closed on Sunday.
The Quebec government is asking people not to travel between regions of the province.
An Air Canada flight carrying Canadians will land in Montreal from Morocco.
Self-isolation directives have turned Montreal into a ghost town.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
if anyone is heading down east to Prince Edward Island..soon as you cross the bridge or take the ferry ,automatic 14 day self isolation

Anyone entering P.E.I. asked to self-isolate to limit spread of COVID-19

The number of COVID-19 cases continues to climb in Atlantic Canada, leading the country's smallest province to impose new restrictions in an effort to stem the spread.
As of Saturday, anyone arriving on Prince Edward Island who has travelled within Canada is asked to self-isolate for 14 days -- a step beyond the federal government's request to those who have travelled internationally.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

I just came back after walking Carlito and I cut across where one of their "Kingdom Halls" are and the Jehovah's Witnesses were gathering and they were at least 30-40 of them. I believe they don't accept blood transfusions either so one would think they would be more careful, maybe they are waiting for the rapture?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For anyone here living in British Columbia,Canada.(renting or on low income or disability)

Coronavirus: B.C. housing minister says ‘help is on the way’ for renters, homeless

B.C.’s ministers of housing and poverty reduction say relief and additional supports are coming for renters, low-income residents and the homeless who are struggling to cope through the coronavirus pandemic.
“We do know, and are very well aware that the next rent payment is coming up soon, and I want to reassure those who are afraid of losing their homes because they can’t pay their rent that help is on the way,” Housing Minister Selina Robinson told reporters on Saturday.

Details on a financial relief package for renters, low-income residents and those on disability will also be announced when the legislature meets for a one-day sitting on Monday.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
if anyone is heading down east to Prince Edward Island..soon as you cross the bridge or take the ferry ,automatic 14 day self isolation

Anyone entering P.E.I. asked to self-isolate to limit spread of COVID-19

The number of COVID-19 cases continues to climb in Atlantic Canada, leading the country's smallest province to impose new restrictions in an effort to stem the spread.
As of Saturday, anyone arriving on Prince Edward Island who has travelled within Canada is asked to self-isolate for 14 days -- a step beyond the federal government's request to those who have travelled internationally.

Canada is so vast and yet, we have nowhere to run.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Just by breathing eh, guess if all were masked that would avoid most of the infections. I'm not buying infections would rise with the use of a mask, that's just absurd.

He also said that surgical masks dont prevent the user from getting sick. The N95 masks can be effective though. Unfortunately, Nrth American healthcare settings are so woefully unprepared that they don't have more than a couple days stock of these masks.

Nurses in hospitals are not allowed to use these masks because of the shortage. It's pathetic, and frightening how unprepared we are in deploying our front line workers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On a side note, a lot of the local sports shows are so badly exposed now that they can’t just get by with simply regurgitating trivialities.

98.5FM last week: if you had to be quaranteened with a pro player of your choice, who would it be?

My answer: none of them unless they’re stocking the fridge and bringing along their cook, maid and mistresses.

Meantime on 690, Marinaro, Nilan and Campbell were playing the superlative game — who is the best pro athlete in all sports? Zzzzzzzzzz

RDS had a build your own player game amongst their hosts. Pick three characteristics of your ideal player. Zzzzzzz

Back to 690 on another day, it was about who face punched who the best in NHL history. Zzzzzzzzzz

They’re all hopeless. They all have no imagination. And none of them connected with their audience on the most basic level.

People are worried, listen to them, let them vent, lend an ear. So damn simple and yet none of them could come close to doing it. So much for caring about their audience.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Based on an expert I listened to on joe rogan podcast, the main route for infection is simply by breathing. Hand sanitizers can't hurt, but it's impact is unfortunately minimal

Yes, but don't make it sound like there are clouds of virus floating around infecting people. The virus is in water droplets. Denser than air. They will sink over time and dissipate. Wind will dissipate them too.

Go sneeze into the air and watch as your spit falls to the ground. The virus isn't immune to gravity.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad