GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I saw that MadBum listed those teams, not because he doesn't want to leave but to use it as leverage. Only teams that will trade for him are the playoffs teams that he listed. He would ask for a bonus to waive to whichever team the Giants reach a trade with. Apparently the Giants would have to pay the bonus and not the acquiring team. Although I wonder if the Giants would ask the other team to pay as part of the deal. I wonder if Houston wants someone with term(Stroman or Sanchez?) or if they would be fine with him and then potentially lose Cole and him in the off season.

A 1, 2, 3 of Verlander, Cole, MadBum would be nice.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As good as the A's bullpen was last year, it isn't this year.

That is why you don't throw big money at relief pitchers. So volatile from year to year.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I saw that MadBum listed those teams, not because he doesn't want to leave but to use it as leverage. Only teams that will trade for him are the playoffs teams that he listed. He would ask for a bonus to waive to whichever team the Giants reach a trade with. Apparently the Giants would have to pay the bonus and not the acquiring team. Although I wonder if the Giants would ask the other team to pay as part of the deal. I wonder if Houston wants someone with term(Stroman or Sanchez?) or if they would be fine with him and then potentially lose Cole and him in the off season.

A 1, 2, 3 of Verlander, Cole, MadBum would be nice.

As always more pitching will become available as the season progresses. They don't necessarily have to jump on anyone now. Mabin's debut was excellent the other day. Still a long way to go but will be nice if he can work his way in, local boy and all.

And how bout that offense? Altuve gets hurt and the offense scores 34 in three games. I wonder if Alvarez will get a look soon, he's been pounding the ball in Round Rock. One weak link they've always had is DH, man if they could get him up and successful. A left handed power hitter at DH...damn.

Been fun so far. Looks like other than maybe the Angels the rest of the division is rapidly becoming a non factor. And I'm not sold on Anaheim yet either. Still a long way to go though. To your point though can never have enough pitching.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
As good as the A's bullpen was last year, it isn't this year.

That is why you don't throw big money at relief pitchers. So volatile from year to year.

and it was obvious the bullpen wasn't going to repeat 2018. they haven't gotten a save in 22 games and lead the league in BS

treinen has come back down to earth and they now can't hold a lead if their lives depended on it. last season the bullpen was unhittable

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
why a's so bad this year

is melvin on HOT seat?

Oakland had a lot go very right for them last year. But long story short they relied on a good offense and a very strong bullpen. The odds of that all working like clockwork again were very low.

Other things I've seen high level: Davis was batting .230-something and until last night hadn't homered in a month. Profar has been a huge downgrade for them at 2B from what Lowrie gave them. Fiers despite his no-hitter has a 5-something ERA and the rest of the staff is mediocre at best.

Bottom line I think they really overachieved last season. So far I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise, but maybe they'll get a late kick start like last season.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the A's would be at or a game above .500 if you took away the games the bullpen has blown this season

there hasn't been a single guy out of the pen that has been reliable this season. 10 blown saves speaks for itself

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's issues are rather blatant and don't require a lot of analysis; they need to hit, field and pitch better.

Sep 19, 2008
A's issues are rather blatant and don't require a lot of analysis; they need to hit, field and pitch better.
they kept the same roster from last year...

that pitching is flat out awful too. Your boy who threw a no hitter has a 5 ERA :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
they kept the same roster from last year...

that pitching is flat out awful too. Your boy who threw a no hitter has a 5 ERA :laugh:

olson just returned to the lineup

last season lowrie was hitting doubles every other AB. this season its profar who has struggled at the plate and defensively

the starters overachieved last season and this season they've predictably been inconsistent

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Sale got 17 strike outs through 7 innings. Should be easy for him to get 23 if Cora wants him to.

Lmao Rockies are somehow leading in this game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad