• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:

1. Rasmus Sandin -- 68.3%
2. Timothy Liljegren -- 87.4%
3. Jeremy Bracco -- 60.7%
4. Nicholas Robertson -- 40.5%
5. Trevor Moore -- 32.9%
6. Ilya Mikheyev -- 24%
7. Joseph Woll -- 32.8%
8. Ian Scott -- 47.9%
9. Mikko Kokkonen -- 39.5%

Mac Hollowell
Jesper Lindgren
Dmytro Timashov
Yegor Korshkov
Adam Brooks
Riley Stotts
Filip Kral
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Eemeli Rasanen
Pierre Engvall
Teemu Kivihalme
Justin Brazeau
Pontus Holmberg
Joe Duszak
Mason Marchment

Dakota Joshua
Martins Dzierkals
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Miro Aaltonen
Aaron Luchuk
Mikhail Abramov
Nick Abruzzese
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9

Suggest who I should add next. :D

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I’m shocked at how many people here thing Hollowell is a better prospect then Brazeau...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Well what sets him apart from the other fridges

He scored 60+ goals in junior. He also single handidly caried his team to the playoffs and had >30 points more than his next teammate.

His skating has improved and should only get better.

He recently won the OHL best overager award, besting Hollowell (3rd place) by quite a margin... based on Votes from OHL GMs who have probably watched these guys play more than anyone on these boards...

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Trevor Moore isnt a prospect. He made Connor Brown expendable. Imo the top 10 is this.

1. Rasmus Sandin
2. Timothy Liljegren
3. Jeremy Bracco
4. Ilya Mikheyev
5. Mason Marchment
6. Pierre Engvall
7. Joseph Woll
8. Ian Scott
9. Nicholas Robertson
10. Mac Hollowell

Reactions: Leafs1993

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Seriously, that's like 5 polls in a row you've brought up Brazeau. Have you always been beating this drum?

Technically he shouldn't even be listed. He's not even a prospect of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I’m sorry. I thought this was a forum where we discuss prospects. I’m very open to debate. I also didn’t really bring him up until a couple threads ago, most of my Brazeau posts were responding to people asking about why I ranked Brazeau highly...but whatever... I have him as a top 6? Prospect for us.

Whether you think he is a prospect or not, he is a poll option. As long as he is an option, he has my vote at this point. Edit: That is another thing I want to touch up on... do you view Joshua as a prospect? O’COnnell? Abbruzzesee(sp)? Koster? These guys all have the ability to walk away from our organization if they’d like. Brazeau can’t. If he is offered an ELC, we match. He is just as much a prospect as anyone else on these polls IMO.

Last edited:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Seriously, that's like 5 polls in a row you've brought up Brazeau. Have you always been beating this drum?

Technically he shouldn't even be listed. He's not even a prospect of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

You're correct but he is intriguing enough of a piece. If someone made a big stink about adding some guy in a similar situation like for example a Brady Ferguson then I'd be open to it this year. But I doubt we will get anymore that aren't on ELC's added.

Trevor Moore isnt a prospect. He made Connor Brown expendable. Imo the top 10 is this.

Oh my mistake. I'll just remove Moore now due to your opinion, despite the fact he is Calder eligible and meets rookie requirements just like OP states.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Meh, I can respect a guy who's got favorites and sticks by them.

Holowell is quite clearly better by watching the two of them, but it's not a huge difference.

I'm impressed that @MyBudJT is sticking to his guy

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

1. Rasmus Sandin
2. Timothy Liljegren
3. Jeremy Bracco
4. Ilya Mikheyev
5. Mason Marchment
6. Pierre Engvall
7. Joseph Woll
8. Ian Scott
9. Nicholas Robertson
10. Mac Hollowell

If Mason Marchment is our 5th best prospect the Leafs pool is in big trouble.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
If Mason Marchment is our 5th best prospect the Leafs pool is in big trouble.

If the Leafs organization look at prospects the same way I think you are... we as fans are in big trouble. Marchment could definitely be in the top 5. He is one of the most NHL ready players. He is not a skilled player, but we don't need that right now in the top of the NHL line up. Those spots are taken.

We need some decent (low cost), hitting wingers on the 4th line. He fits a organization need. We just watch the Bruins 3rd and 4th lines out play ours in the playoffs. This kid brings it like Hyman does. I can see him making the NHL in the next year. I guess when I look at prospects, it's not just about skill, it's about being NHL ready, and filling the team need.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
If the Leafs organization look at prospects the same way I think you are... we as fans are in big trouble. Marchment could definitely be in the top 5. He is one of the most NHL ready players. He is not a skilled player, but we don't need that right now in the top of the NHL line up. Those spots are taken.

We need some decent (low cost), hitting wingers on the 4th line. He fits a organization need. We just watch the Bruins 3rd and 4th lines out play ours in the playoffs. This kid brings it like Hyman does. I can see him making the NHL in the next year. I guess when I look at prospects, it's not just about skill, it's about being NHL ready, and filling the team need.

Yeah, a lot of us are viewing prospects in a different light around here, which is fine. :nod:

I don't have Marchment anywhere my top 5, but understand it if you put a stronger weight on NHL readiness.

I personally am taking a more "risky" approach in my lists in that I'm trying to project what players will become IF they make the NHL. My lists are not even perfect for that criteria, though since I've got a guy like Loponen just outside my top 30, mostly because I don't want to put him ahead of Koster or Abruzzesse since I'm not going to pretend to know more than our scouting staff. Similarly, I have a guy like Brazeau ahead of Hollowell largely because OHL GMs think he's the better player. I'm not going to second guess those opinions until they at least have another season under their belt.

Reactions: Terrible GM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad