GDT: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Who are you looking forward to the most if they represent their country?

• Sweden: Philip Broberg, D [2019 Draft]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA: Evan Barratt, C [Blackhawks - 90th overall in 2017]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure I understand. The last place team has the highest odds to get the 1st pick in the draft lottery. Am I missing something who has higher odds to get it?

They have the highest odds, but it's still less then 20%. There's a 4/5 chance the pick ends up not 1st overall.

There's actually a 53% chance of picking 4th even if Ottawa finishes 31st overall. And only a 47% chance the pick is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I get closer and closer to using the ignore feature for the first time ever with every passing day. :laugh:
I'm sure you do!
It's gonna be great six months from now when Kakko is the first pick and all your 20-50 "Hughes is 1OA by a mile, all the other opinions are dead wrong" posts look ridicoulus:wedgie:

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Well... I mean... How many people in the world were interviewed at 17 by anyone for anything in any language? Not exactly a measure of proficiency.

Not many. I still remember Forsberg stumbling his way his first interviews in English. It was funny. In any case I don't think it will be a problem, although I do think it will take some getting used to for him.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not many. I still remember Forsberg stumbling his way his first interviews in English. It was funny. In any case I don't think it will be a problem, although I do think it will take some getting used to for him.
Yeah, it's not really a problem. These days I do find it a little curious though, when Nordic people can't do it, even if it's with some kind of awful accent. Of course, I study English so my viewpoint is a wee bit different than that of a teenage pro athlete.

Reactions: cgf

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Just want to go on record to say I’d rather have Kakko than Hughes. Same reason I wanted Mackinnon after watching the Memorial Cup game. Some players just have another level and play better under pressure. I also think he would fit in better for some reason....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad