Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship | Training camps + Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
MMmmm... egg and burger w/swiss.

is

Anyone else just change their breakfast plans? Triple O's Here I come.

I heard that in Australia it's pretty much standard for a burger to have an egg on it. Gonna need this confirmed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So, Hughes is a lock, Dipietro and Utonen are likely, and Madden and Rathbone are relative long shots.

It would be pretty pathetic if a team as bad as this team has been over the last few years only sends two or three players to the world juniors. Should be sending five or more hours
Birthdays are a factor. In 2017, Canucks took guys with late birthdays so they are now too old for the tournament. It is what it is.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Tyler Madden is a totally unexpected surprise, I'll be cheering for US this year

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
So are there any single game tickets available for any of these games and how much they might be? Might go to see a minnow team like Kazakhstan if it isn't foolishly expensive.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
So are there any single game tickets available for any of these games and how much they might be? Might go to see a minnow team like Kazakhstan if it isn't foolishly expensive.

Tons, and very reasonably priced for non canada games yep.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
did I state that he made the team? I'm cheering for US regardless, I want Hughes to have an outstanding tournament.
I hope Hughes does well, but I do not understand cheering for another country? How about Hughes and Madden set records while their goalie is terrible in an elimination game. Or even better Dipietro dominates and beats team USA.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I hope Hughes does well, but I do not understand cheering for another country? How about Hughes and Madden set records while their goalie is terrible in an elimination game. Or even better Dipietro dominates and beats team USA.

I've never been patriotic in my life, could care less about the countries but I do care about Canucks prospects. Hope Diepietro shines but I really want Hughes to dominate and win in this tournament.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Hoping hard for Madden to make it to the roster. Might soften the blow a bit on how bad the rest of the prospects have been panning out.

Reactions: lindgren

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I was so excited to see that the world juniors is in vancouver and victoria until i saw the price of a game its so stupid how expensive these tickets are

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I was so excited to see that the world juniors is in vancouver and victoria until i saw the price of a game its so stupid how expensive these tickets are

Going to a pre-tournament warm up game in Chillywhack. someone else got the tickets, and we are buying dinner, but think they were $20 each. Denmark vs Sweden.

Will watch the rest on tv.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Timothy Liljegren has suffered a high-ankle sprain and will probably sit out for the WJCs. 2019 top prospect Philip Broberg replaces him at camp.

Last edited:

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Anyone know if Wednesday and Thursday team Canada games against Usports allstars in Victoria are open to the public?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Got my tickets for Canada/Russia on NYE!! Wish it was Canada/US but still, second best rivalry in hockey, very excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad