Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship | Training camps + Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
From the very limited amount I know about goaltending I thought at that angle you want to stay on your post, but at the same time he had to respect that the Finnish player had an open lane to the middle and he made a pretty good fake there to take DiPietro off his post.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
The prelim games for the USA team won’t be televised on TSN? Can’t find the games to pre-record on pvr.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m kind of blown away that Canada brought Lafreniere (sp?), and didn’t even extend an invite to Dylan Cozens. I mean...what?

Hard to make a goaltending call based on what I saw tonight. Didn’t like the goals that beat Stone, but they were on the PP.

Homer in me hopes it’s DiPietro, anyway.

This edition of Team Canada seems high on work ethic, but not a lot of pure offensive talent.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I’m kind of blown away that Canada brought Lafreniere (sp?), and didn’t even extend an invite to Dylan Cozens. I mean...what?

Hard to make a goaltending call based on what I saw tonight. Didn’t like the goals that beat Stone, but they were on the PP.

Homer in me hopes it’s DiPietro, anyway.

This edition of Team Canada seems high on work ethic, but not a lot of pure offensive talent.

Lafreniere is way better than Cozens. They aren't even in the same tier. They are both 2001 birthdays

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Every year fans say 'this team has a lot of work ethic but not a lot of top end talent'. Every....damn...year.
It's so incorrect. Canada is always near the top of the tournament for talent.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I never really got the black jersey's for Canada thing. Are we supposed to be pirates or something?

We had to visually separate ourselves form the growing power houses emerging from Switzerland and Denmark.

I like some black accents like stirpes, pants, ect... But there have been some versions that have been just too much black. I think it comes across as a little bleak on TV..... especialyy for kids in international play. Can't explain why, I just feel that way..... dislike watching the Kings on TV for the very same reason.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Every year fans say 'this team has a lot of work ethic but not a lot of top end talent'. Every....damn...year.
It's so incorrect. Canada is always near the top of the tournament for talent.
Talent isn’t the problem, the issue is usually team play and systems.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Thanks, will check it out! :D

They’re not the WJC ones though, but rather these:
332362900_01_a-Team-Canada-Nike-Olympic-Hockey-Jersey-Black-AH4707-010

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Judging from what Finnish fans are saying on the World Juniors board, the Finns will make their final cuts tomorrow, as in Finland they celebrate Christmas today (don't flame me if I'm wrong; I'm just reporting what I read!).

Again, going by that board, it seems likely that Utunen makes the cut.

The ultimate fan

Oct 16, 2018
Judging from what Finnish fans are saying on the World Juniors board, the Finns will make their final cuts tomorrow, as in Finland they celebrate Christmas today (don't flame me if I'm wrong; I'm just reporting what I read!).

Again, going by that board, it seems likely that Utunen makes the cut.
I would be surprised if Utunen gets cut as he is a returnee or a veteran if you will and...was also the captain last year which implies to me he is viewed as a good player with character and those people never get cut. Just my take.

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->