GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
But who is kakkos competition, line up wise? Hughes has so many more pros from the nhl ahead of him

And why is this; does nobody in Finland give a ratz azz about this tournament?

Finland doesnt have a single NHL player on their roster. In fact, given Kakko is basically "unofficially" already an NHL player, Kakko is basically the only NHL player on that team.

I dont get it.

Nevertheless, due to this disparity, I'd have to imagine Kakko is going to get a ton of minutes & PP time this tournament.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Well, tomorrow morning should be interesting around here.

10:15

1e09d008b0e5ae6a96c8ce98a2b0b3edd42c0830.gif

Reactions: OmNomNom

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Anyway I'm glad I can watch Kakko/Hughes games with the hope of getting one of them. A future top line player exempt from the expansion draft is a great thing to have and doesn't deserve the amount of whinging that's been going on this thread

Reactions: Verdoux

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I legitmately can’t wait until it’s over. I didn’t think folks could soak the fun out of picking 1st overall but here we are.

Part of me at this point wants nothing to do with Kakko simply because I don’t want his fanboys to follow him to our team.

aessi

Jan 1, 2015
We might as well just throw some dice at the wall and pick Byram then.

Heiskanen had very promising season before draft, he played in Liiga and had really good u-18. Some teams were very high on Makar and Pettersson ranking them first overall, so i guess the public rankings arent always the truth and teams lists may be alot differend from the public perspective. For example i dont think Button is watching alot of these players play outside WJC and Pronman even said on record that he was not watching many games from european players. This draft in particular was interesting, both Hischier and Nolan looked like players who would not be franchise players. I dont think the teams are doing that great job yet scouting Europe. Atleast now size is not such huge thing and more players are getting picked based on potential (Kotkaniemi, Dubois, Q. Hughes etc.).

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Kakko is also benefitting from an absolutely ridiculous shooting percentage the last two games

This. His shooting percentage is 42%. It's completely unsustainable.

Also, on a team that has no NHLers it's not exactly shocking they would be using a player, that would be the obvious first overall pick in most other drafts, in the final minute of a game.

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Severson looks like a superstar against Britain lol

We're just here to beat France and try to survive. We've just been promoted two years in a row. First country to ever go from Division 1 B to the top division that quickly. We were playing countries like Estonia and the Netherlands in 2017 with a lot of the same players playing Canada today.

Half the roster from 2017 is at this tournament. It's a big step up after winning gold in back to back years.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Everytime I watch a European sporting event the crowd sounds like it's an Iron Maiden concert.

Like this

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What a dive by Bukarts, back on the very next shift skating fine after needing help off due to his leg "injury". :laugh:

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I am not sure why a lot of Devils fans aren't even willing to do an analysis or at least entertain the idea that Kakko might be the better player...some weird sort of tribalism going on here that I am not getting.
because people are basing this off of two games and even then it wont affect who were taking. Its written in stone. we are drafting Jack Hughes and I only made this my name because ray told me so when he spilt my Guinness at the bar and i guilt tripped him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad