GDT: 2019 Grey Cup CHAMPIONS - WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And a good QB coach that played the game at QB, players love that.

If LaPo moves on, does Buck get the OC? If so, we could be back to that whole coach's learning curve thing. Yes, @Bartho I'm not prepared to entertain any dynasty talk at this point. We've seen how hard it is to win a Grey Cup even once, let alone repeat.

Reactions: roccerfeller

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Well, that was a championship game for the ages. The defense was overwhelming and the 2-QB system worked to perfection. The players will get most of the attention today, but Hall and Lapo both deserve enormous credit, along with Kyle Walters and MOS:clap:.

I watched the game at home with 2 of my kids, both in their 20s, both indifferent to the CFL till recently. When I told them that I was a Bomber fan--and how great they were-- well before the Winnipeg Jets existed, they were surprised that there was ever a time in my life when we were without pro hockey in Winnipeg. Shows how old I am, how short the time frame of youth is, and how great teams can fade from prominence in a generation. That one game changed all that.

As soon as we acquired him, I suspected that Collaros could help take us across the threshold if he could stay healthy for a handful of games
OT: - 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats
But now it's time to move on from him, because the likelihood of him staying intact for an entire season and playoffs is much lower.
Streveler would be a great backup under a Lapo-like 2-QB system, with bona fide passer in front of him. That is the first order of business when the party is over. You know where to find 'em, Walters, now go get 'em!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I give Wade Miller a lot of credit for turning this organization around. The Reinbold years were dark times but they pale in comparison to the gong show, laughingstock the team became under Butchko, Mack and Kelly. Miller brought pride and respect back to a cornerstone team that was losing its way. They are back to being a pillar of the league and the city.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Attaboy Strevvy! :thumbu:

EKUZ99-W4AMqCu5.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Alpha your posting yesterday was to die for. I feel like you were the posting version of a jazz band just riffing away.

Yeah, I had a little inspiration on my side. Or I should say, on my desk ;) There was, indeed, a whole lot of free-flow stream of.. consciousness going on :)

Man I still can't believe we won :D

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I had a little inspiration on my side. Or I should say, on my desk ;) There was, indeed, a whole lot of free-flow stream of.. consciousness going on :)

Man I still can't believe we won :D

When the dry spell lasts for generations its almost impossible to process it when its over. Then you top it off with such an emphatic, epic, beat down for the ages.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
The parade and speeches were short and sweet.

:vhappy:plus I got a Giant drunken bear hug from Streveler on his way to the speech stage. It was epic!:vhappy:

Willie and Harris were awesome on the mic.

parked in StB easy to get in and out.

Just don’t why they didn’t do it on the big scotia banks stage?

whatever it was fine under the tent at the forks market.

Last edited:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I like to see Strevs back , he's unique QB as a backup
Interesting to see which of Nichols , Collaros or another FA QB Bombers will pursuit I like Nichols as we were winning before he went down but he can not scramble and make those long passes on the money like Collaros could

Reactions: The Blue Baron

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
2 days later and it's still the talk of the town, time to get some Grey Cup swag, Bombers going to benefit very nicely from this, season tickets have already seen an uptick, first order of business for management extend Mike O'Shea if he wants it, and really why wouldn't he want to .

Reactions: GNP and snowkiddin

Electroflare55

May 21, 2017
Bombers are hosting a Grey Cup Social this Friday at the convention centre. No idea what type of entertainment there’ll be, but I imagine it’ll be wild

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Set your PVRs for tomorrow 2:30 Central on TSN 1 & 4 so you can listen to CFL Wired and listen to “Moaning” Lawrence make an idiot of himself. Showed a preview on SportsCentre...In the 15-30 secs I heard he likely said 3 or more things that did not age well. :shakehead

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I like to see Strevs back , he's unique QB as a backup
Interesting to see which of Nichols , Collaros or another FA QB Bombers will pursuit I like Nichols as we were winning before he went down but he can not scramble and make those long passes on the money like Collaros could
Streveler as backup would be nice I could see him thinking he can start somewhere though.
Nichols did well for us but he didn't have what it took to take us to the next level. However with how the D played in the playoffs he probably could have done it. Collaros' time was so short it's tough to gauge. He's probably going to want a lot more than what he's worth unfortunately. There are going to be some tough decisions that need to be made. I was looking the other day on contract situation with Jefferson and it said he signed here for less money because he felt this was his best shot to win (which was awesome to read). So I wonder what he will do next year. Of course it's a different vibe when you win, but from the beginning it seems like this whole team really got along and were like family, more than normal. So it will be interesting if some guys like Jefferson take a bit less money to try and do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad