GDT: 2019 Free Agent Frenzy - NON PENGUIN RELATED THREAD

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This is where the "all in" scenario can go wrong. It was cup or bust last year for them.

Thank gods they did though - slows down their rebuild substantially. We need at least a few slow horses in the Metro! :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If you are Columbus you gotta take your shot, I get that... but they definitely look like the weakest team in the division next season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think the Jackets are going to be particularly great next year, but I don't think they'll be as bad as other people say. That team is very deep on the wings and defense and Dubois is a legit 1C. I don't think they're a playoff team in the East right now, but they have a bunch of cap space and they can make the moves needed to become a playoff team.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
This is where the "all in" scenario can go wrong. It was cup or bust last year for them.

Well - they finally won a playoff series, so there's that.

I don't spend much time looking at Cap Friendly, but on first glance, that Wennberg contract looks like it's going to be an albatross. I'm in favor of anything that makes Torts suffer.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Bit more on the Lehner situation at NYI for Justin Bourne (The Athletic)

I also feel like adding that this guy just did everything the organization asked of him on what was basically a one-year “prove-it” contract, which he did, then … then he got lowballed? Everything I’ve heard says he was basically offered a two-year deal at $3.5-4 million per. Feel free to do some research on 6-foot-4, 240-pound, 27-year-old goaltenders coming off near-Vezina years offered one- and two-year contract options for around 4 million – the “comparables” list can be found right over yonder in the unicorn patch there, just beside the magic beans. Feel free to give it a look when you find it.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Good. f*** the Islanders and their fluke season. Nobody wants you or your gestapo GM in the playoffs.

Reactions: farscape1

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it's pretty clear they didn't want to commit due to his struggles off-ice. But those things seem to have been addressed and he seems to be in a really good place, right now.

Dude is tough not to root for. f*** the Islanders. Doesn't sound like a team that he needs to play for, anyway.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad