2019 Entry Draft Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think you are hyping it up just a tad. It's a good bunch. But it's not 2015 (might be deeper, but much less strong at the top (McDavid-Eichel-Barzal will be hard to beat for a while lol)

McDavid Eichel is like Matthews Laine and Malkin Ovechkin. That's a special draft from those alone. But it's certainly better than last year where teams were reaching on Dellendrea and Foudy early because the lack of quality C's.

It's reminding me more of the year before when a guy like Glass went 6th, Dach could very well go 6th and they are comparable prospects.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At what point will you eat crow when it happens? Kinda like Poehling this year... ;)

Which metric would you even prove this by? Top ten lists are stupidly objective and while I certainly had time to smell the crow on the table about Poehling, I haven't eaten anything yet.

People tried to feed me crow on Perron and Esposito before it was done cooking. Same with LeBlanc. I still maintain Poehling is ideally a 3 on a contender.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I like Matthew Boldy and Marshall Warren from the NTDP.
There's some kinks in Boldy's skating that need some ironing-out but everything else, his smarts, hands, shot, look first rate. Had no problem keeping up with Turcotte and Caufield.

Warren's easy to like - he's an amazing skater on the back end and is not afraid to use his speed to make plays. I'm not sure how high his ceiling is so he might not be 1st round material like Boldy but he's on my radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Damn, just realized Buffalo already has three 1st round picks for next draft. They could also easily trade Skinner for a 1st and +, which would then give them four 1st round picks :eek:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
#betterthankotkaniemi

Good morning, WTK.

Only if I held on to that belief, we know that I pushed Thomas down and brought Kotkaniemi up when I evaluated Kotkaniemis progression through the year and Thomas' inconsistency. Still think Thomas is better than a lot of C's that went before him last year. Veleno easily being one.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Only if I held on to that belief, we know that I pushed Thomas down and brought Kotkaniemi up when I evaluated Kotkaniemis progression through the year and Thomas' inconsistency. Still think Thomas is better than a lot of C's that went before him last year. Veleno easily being one.

Veleno is garbage. It is known.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I need to find some Russians to man crush on. gotta keep my personal afloat.

Though Podkolzin and Gutik are pretty good, wouldn't really be clamoring for either unless we have a second first. Neither close to my wants for our top five pick.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I need to find some Russians to man crush on. gotta keep my personal afloat.

Though Podkolzin and Gutik are pretty good, wouldn't really be clamoring for either unless we have a second first. Neither close to my wants for our top five pick.
I'm gonna start watching the Red Deer Hlinka games today, but from what I've seen Mironov looks like a stud

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad