GDT: 2019 Draft Discussion: LA Kings pick 5th, 22nd overall 8 p.m. ET (NBCSN, SN, TVAS)

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
I would've rathered Kaliyev or Tomasino or Brink but I guess I'm not too mad at this

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Super safe pick, no dynamic element that stands out. Captain of U18 and Hlinka team. Could be 2-5 dman. Responsible defenseman. - Sam Cosentino.

Solid defender, compete level off the charts, wants to be a factor. - DeBrusk

Bottom pair guy, but will and leadership skills will compel him to be better, safe pick. They passed up on lots of skill guys here. - Burke

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Björnfot is a very capable two-way defenseman with few weaknesses in his game. A strong skater who reads the game well and contributes both offensively and defensively. Also a good leader and he competes hard on every shift. Can be used on the powerplay, but stands out more in his own end with this solid play. (EP 2019)
Björnfot is in superb physical shape and he is both strong and got good conditioning, Hockeyprospect.com 2019
He has a strong and hard first pass to start the transition game and he also has the ability to transport the puck zone-to-zone himself, Future Considerations 2019
He is a solid stickhandler and good passer, as likely to make the simple, safe play as he is to attempt something more challenging, McKeen's Hockey 2019
Complete defender.. competent in all situations.. nice lateral mobility with the puck allows him to find space to make plays under pressure, Draftin Europe 2018

Reactions: AzKing and Guitpik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad