2019 Draft: 5th Pick: Tomas Mazura

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I like him talking about wanting to develop his other skills and get PK opportunities because not every player gets to be 1st line. Not sure how the Oilers feel about this. They might want him to hit stronger opposition ASAP to improve his chances of ever making it, but I kind of like the slow and steady approach of developing as a fully rounded player.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Great interview. This is a player we can really get behind. Seems like a top notch person, hoping for him to succeed.

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
What's this kid doing this year? Looked up on elite prospects not much stats this year

"January 2020 – There is not a whole lot known on Mazura and his play in the USHS-prep but by all accounts, he is one of the top players in that league. He has also played in four games for the Omaha Lancers of the USHL where he has recorded three points. Mazura is a project pick whose upside will be tough to predict until he starts consistently playing stronger competition. Jameson Ewasiuk"

Tomas Mazura

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Damn. I thought he had moved to the USHL full time. Looks like he'd be a solid player in that league.

Not a big fan of playing prep school hockey in his D+1 year.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
KUA’s Mazura has come a long way

Apparently he's around 2 ppg. He's a little behind but it seems he'll be taking a similar path to a guy like Jack Dugan and it's worked out well for him so far. His offense and size is intriguing. Prep hockey is a really good place to develop skills and it's a nice sign that he's done well in his brief USHL stint and made the WJC team. I'd be more comfortable with the idea of him playing USHL but there's no reason to assume this might not be a fine development path. He's going to be a really interesting guy to follow next season in college.

Reactions: Aerchon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad