2019 Draft: 5th Pick: Tomas Mazura

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I don't know anything about this player than he would probably be sad that only 8 people commented on him at 11 pm

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Holland definitely loves Europeans playing in North America.

Being pretty close to the oldest first year eligible player in the draft and still playing high school hockey as well as being two years out from seeing the NCAA isn't overly encouraging, but I guess it's a 6th round pick.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Lowetide's weekly prospects stats update will become even more valuable under Hollands regime

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
The Hockey News Draft preview issue had him #99.

Will be interesting to see where he plays next year. Understand the plan was for him to go back to prep school (Kimball Union), and then go to Providence College for 2020-21. Now seems playing in the USHL or BCHL next year would help his development move faster and get him better ready for the NCAA.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Wow.. like no accent. Thats crazy.

You could tell me he was canadian and I'd believe you.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
I assume he could just try out?

I think that's where it could get a little tricky, with him being an "import". Would have to go to a team with an opening for an import, etc. But would have to think he's attractive to many teams now.

I know some preliminary USHL camps happened a month or so ago, but I'm sure he could still try-out in pre-season camps later this summer/early fall.

Very few players go directly from prep school to college anymore - they just aren't ready for that level coming straight from a high school setting. Would think Providence College wants him to go USHL too - they could possibly "help" place him on a team there too.

BCHL could be another option....

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the part where he says he is a better player than people on the czech u18 team and that he hopes to get a look tells me he has all the confidence a player needs to succeed. good luck buddy.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Pretty great interview. Kid seems like he has a chip on his shoulder from his national team never giving him a shot. I wonder for a kid like him, if getting drafted is going to light a fire under him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->