NCAA 2019 Conference Tournament/NCAA Tournament Thread

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
NC State is in and Clemson is out imo. Belmont might get first four but it's unlikely, Lipscomb is definitely NIT bound.

Interested to see what happens between Indiana and Ohio State, that's probably a win and in game.

Also big games for bubble teams TCU and Oklahoma tonight.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Surprised to hear Oklahoma is still being given better than 50% chance of getting in after that embarrassment.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Surprised to hear Oklahoma is still being given better than 50% chance of getting in after that embarrassment.

19-13 on a pretty tough schedule, 42nd in kenpom, 40th in NET. That might knock them down a seed line, maybe even to the first four, but they should still be in.

Sep 19, 2008
Surprised Ohio State is even in consideration. They had a terrible year. Then again, Indiana arguably had a worse year and is somehow in the mix. :laugh:

Lunardi loves the Big Ten. He thinks like 8 Big Ten teams will get in. Who else would you put in other than Purdue, MSU, MD and Michigan :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
19-13 on a pretty tough schedule, 42nd in kenpom, 40th in NET. That might knock them down a seed line, maybe even to the first four, but they should still be in.

I think Oklahoma is going to get in as well, and I think they'll avoid going to Dayton. They've played ZERO Quad IV games, which is ridiculous. I get that they went 7-12 against Big 12 opponents, but everything else points to them being in.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Surprised Ohio State is even in consideration. They had a terrible year. Then again, Indiana arguably had a worse year and is somehow in the mix. :laugh:

Lunardi loves the Big Ten. He thinks like 8 Big Ten teams will get in. Who else would you put in other than Purdue, MSU, MD and Michigan :laugh:

Wisconsin is a lock. Iowa and Minnesota should be in. Ohio State and Indiana are on the bubble. I think one of them will get in, but I'm not sure which one.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
i

Zion Williamson will play Thursday in the Blue Devils' ACC quarterfinal game against Syracuse, the school tweeted

Sep 19, 2008
But why should Minnesota be in? Who did they beat?

Ohio State and Indiana were very bad this year. They don't deserve to be in. The damn committee will look favorably on them and give them spots when decnet mid majors get left out :laugh:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

They did play a very strong OOC, I suppose that would be what saves them.

I'd rather see a mid-major that heated up down the stretch get in than a team from a power conference that has slumped for weeks though. The Big 12 didn't look that good this year, are they really going to get 7 teams into the tourney?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
But why should Minnesota be in? Who did they beat?

Ohio State and Indiana were very bad this year. They don't deserve to be in. The damn committee will look favorably on them and give them spots when decnet mid majors get left out :laugh:

I agree, Indiana had a stretch where they lost 12 out of 13. Pretty ridiculous that one win against Michigan State (that Sparty completely blew in the second half) would undo all of that. A runner-up from a lesser conference (UNCG for example) would be a much more deserving team IMO.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
A reminder that Minnesota finished 9-11 in conference play.

In their defense, they did have a 2-point loss @ Michigan, and a few other really close losses in-conference. Nice wins at Washington, Wisconsin, and they beat Iowa when the Hawkeyes were still in contention. I think they have a better argument for inclusion than Ohio State or Indiana if they can win today.

Sep 19, 2008
Over the last few years Virginia has had an insane record against ACC competition. They've only lost like 3 times. Once to VT, twice to Duke, that's it...

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
They did play a very strong OOC, I suppose that would be what saves them.

I'd rather see a mid-major that heated up down the stretch get in than a team from a power conference that has slumped for weeks though. The Big 12 didn't look that good this year, are they really going to get 7 teams into the tourney?

I do agree that I would like to see more mid majors but Oklahoma isn't the team to complain about, they earned a bid with a very challenging schedule. Teams like Texas/TCU/Ohio State/Indiana/NC State/etc. have much worse of a case.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I do agree that I would like to see more mid majors but Oklahoma isn't the team to complain about, they earned a bid with a very challenging schedule. Teams like Texas/TCU/Ohio State/Indiana/NC State/etc. have much worse of a case.

Agree with that, other than Texas. If they win tonight, I think they probably have a better case than Oklahoma. Wins over UNC and Purdue OOC, and a hypothetical win tonight would give them in-conference wins over Kansas twice, K-State, and Iowa State. So they have no shortage of quality wins...just a lot of losses to go along with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad