OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Discussion in 'Winnipeg Jets' started by Holden Caulfield, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roccerfeller

roccerfeller jets bromantic

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Grimes is good

2. Potrzebie

Potrzebie Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Every time Black tries to predict something the opposite happens.

"Hes going to score !" Tackled

"He might not make it!" Gets past the line

3. one other person

one other person Tripping thru time and space

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I don’t have much faith in Nichols.

Having said that, keep up the good work Matt!

4. None

None Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,121,250
    The CFL needs to adopt the lowering the helmet rule. If the block or tackle is initiated with a helmet it needs to be a major.

Mbraunm likes this.
  5. Bob E

Bob E Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Bombers Oline is doing fine.

Secondary is very leaky.

6. Board Bard

Board Bard Dane-O-Mite

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I pine for the day he predicts he will keep his job.

Hank Chinaski likes this.
  7. None

None Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,121,250
    The Bombers secondary is getting bailed out by wide open receivers dropping the ball.

Edit: That last throw was perfectly thrown into double coverage.

Board Bard likes this.
  8. Board Bard

Board Bard Dane-O-Mite

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Harris is really, really good at getting yardage.

9. None

None Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,121,250
    Good win, Nichols got better as the game went on. There's a clear difference in his ability to move and his accuracy when getting out of the pocket compared to last year. It's very obvious that he wasn't healthy at all last season.
    Harris doesn't look like he's going to slow down anytime soon. The offense will be scary when Matthews gets healthy.

The front 7 on D are dominant, but the secondary is sketchy at best. It felt like Alexander and Fenner were consistently getting beaten.

sipowicz and thereturn like this.
  10. WPGChief

WPGChief Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Home Page:
    Nichols looked pretty good as the game went on and Andrew Harris kept that offense humming - dude's a beast at 32-years-old. Reilly should've gotten a lot more help from his receivers as he was dropping some dimes at the end that was drop after drop. Front 4 looks decent but never confident in Hall's ability to call a blitz at the right time. Zone coverage, especially within the first 5-15 yards are still way too cushion-y. Looks like we'll have to outscore our problems again and hope that Bighill has another dominant year covering for mistakes.

snowkiddin likes this.
  11. BigZ65

BigZ65 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    The blitz is the problem. Hall takes a long time to move off the blitz and often doesn't trust a 4 man rush to get pressure. He'll blitz and blitz into a max protection (6-7 rushers vs 7 blockers) and that basically takes away the 2nd level of the defense. If the rush doesn't get there the receivers have a ton of space to work.

That said, BC scored one TD tonight and the Bombers had by far the stingiest D this week in the league. 3 turnovers too, two of them giving the offense the ball in scoring range, one right in the Red Zone, one on BC side of midfield. Bombers converted both for TD's.

12. John Agar

John Agar The 4th Hanson Bro' Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    A Bridge between Worlds
    Fancy... not so Fancy stats show Winnipeg has a poor history and losing at road games in B. S. I mean... C...

Typical game by Lapo'... possession... low risk...

Nichols toe'd the line..

Winnipeg won...

Stats can be for losers...

[​IMG]

:naughty:

13. snowkiddin

snowkiddin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    My thoughts:

Good win. I think BC will be a good team. No depth, but they should make the playoffs, so it’s nice to beat them, especially on the road.

Nichols started off very cold. Overthrowing his receivers by miles. But he got better as the game wore on. Harris was a beast the entire game. BC couldn’t stop the run and Harris just kept on ticking - showing no signs of aging. Hopefully we can squeeze another 2 or 3 years out of him after this one. Adams and especially Wolitarsky were nuts. They'll get even better with Matthews in to draw the defense’s attention. Whitehead had a bad drop which reminded us why he isn’t in the NFL. Demski with another bad fumble, luckily enough we didn’t lose position. The O-Line was pretty good, better than I expected. They routinely gave Nichols time, and Harris was able to hit their holes. The more they play together, the better they will get. Gray is a real stud out there.

Our defensive line was good. Jeffcoat was robbed of a sack in the end zone after BC got away with a blatant hold. They dominated, but I think they were impaired by Richie Hall’s playcalling. BC had zero run game, but they went pass practically the whole game. The linebackers were good, Bighill was outstanding again. Hecht played a pretty good game, which surprised me. Rose was decent, but for the most part the secondary got torn to shreds again. The hallmark of a Richie Hall defense. However, this is Mike Reilly we are playing against, and at the end of the day his stats weren’t spectacular. Sure we relied on a lot of dropped balls, but we picked him off twice and he only threw for one TD. Matty Ice, meanwhile, didn’t have nearly the yardage that Reilly had, but he had 3 TDs and no picks.

Special teams was okay, the blocked PAT was excellent, but lousy coverage on that Rutley TD. Nelson was good, though unspectacular. I would put Whitehead out there instead once Matthews is back, and let’s see what he can do.

Officiating was atrocious. Blatantly biased in favoured of B.C. It was actually ridiculous. The refs helped BC march the ball down the field on a few occasions.

Rod Black was annoying. I can tolerate the Mike Reilly ass kissing, but what was it with him and his obsession for Duron Carter (“has he finally found a home? “Will he win a championship here?” “The fans will love him here”)? Duron Carter is an ass, and he’ll wear out his welcome like he does everywhere, just give it time.

If we can get by Edmonton in a couple of weeks, we have the chance to beat up on the weaker Eastern teams - a real opportunity to start the season off on a roll.

14. Holden Caulfield

Holden Caulfield Eternal Skeptic

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Law Enforcement
    I had to listen to 2nd half on radio since I started work at 1030 but sounded like a good game in 2nd half. Honestly the BB dominated the first half except that kick return.

@snowkiddin good post just a note on Lucky Whitehead. He never played offense in NFL, and was never even really considered an option on offense. So that receiving drop doesnt mean anything in terms of him in NFL. He was strictly a returner. And was rather successful, ended up cut due to a really odd and dare I say UNlucky series of events. It is odd he isn't getting first looks at returns, IMO.

sipowicz and snowkiddin like this.
  15. snowkiddin

snowkiddin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    I’m a big Cowboy fan, so I know the story with Lucky. He was strictly a returner in the NFL but the hope was that he could turn into a Beasley-like receiver eventually, but he just never showed anything on offense. He was unfairly cut (arrested for stealing, however charges were dropped after police realized they arrested the wrong guy - the Cowboys immediately cut him before this revelation came out - though part of it was due to drafting Ryan Switzer). He then moved to the Jets but was injured almost immediately and then I believe he was cut. He sure has some rotten luck in the NFL, but I think he could be a gamebreaker for us.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    sipowicz and bustamente like this.
  16. bustamente

bustamente Just happy to be here

SB Cash:
    $ 2,104,535
    Well that was the start I was looking for from the Bombers, really answered a few questions I had, the O line surprised me, Wilson played very well until he was injured, Hecht may not be the future answer at safety but he had quite the game tonight, Woli makes catches, the front 7 didn't disappoint but the d backs need to be much better. Lastly, Hecht trolling Carter with the chicken arms was funny as hell. Lots of positives but there is still some work to be done.

sipowicz, Jets 31 and snowkiddin like this.
  17. Jets 31

Jets 31 This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Glad the Bombers won but wow what terrible officiating . The refs were only looking at one team all night , just friggen horrible . It got to the point that i was surprised the Bombers didn't get a penalty after a play . Offensive line looked really good for so many changes this off season and Harris is the best running back in the CFL , needs to fix his helmet though , it comes off on almost every play . Don't need him to get hurt because his helmet comes off .

sipowicz likes this.
  18. Trinity

Trinity Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Keep in mind Lions front 7 is very weak.

sipowicz likes this.
  19. Trinity

Trinity Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    He won't have that much room against better DL's.

20. Trinity

Trinity Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Lapo kept faking the jet sweep handoffs to Lucky. Once he actually starts getting the handoffs, lookout.

sipowicz likes this.
  21. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Awards:
    My favourite from last night: “Looks like this is offside on the Lions receivers!” Obvious offside on Bombers.

22. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Awards:
    Nope, he took snaps on offense with the Cowboys. Not many and I’m not sure he has an NFL catch or even a target to his name, but he did play some offense with them. EDIT: looked it up on Pro Football Reference, he does have some catches, even started a few games.

But you’re right, his primary value has always been as a returner. However he looks like a pretty decent route runner at receiver.

sipowicz likes this.
  23. nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    So, what was this burger business all about? I caught a glimpse of some huge burger but missed the story. Did Rod Black have to eat this as a challenge?

sipowicz likes this.
  24. sipowicz

sipowicz Free Ehlers

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Black groped the burger before the half and then expected Forde to eat it, Forde said he would but not the hotdog, said he hates hotdogs!

Jets 31 and nobody imp0rtant like this.
  25. nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Found a clip of him eating it. He should have leaned over Black more so that the drippings went all over his expensive suit. :laugh:

And in case anyone wants to know what's in it...

You wont believe what's in this BC Place burger - CFL.ca

Mmmm tasty! :thumbu:

sipowicz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.