2019 All Star Game in San Jose (Use this for the ASG/Skills Comp)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The league will soon act like they like San Jose and the Sharks for 4 days then will leave town briskly and return back to status quo where elite players get suspended for shoulder checks.

Can't wait!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Doesn't play in the All-star game to avoid getting attached to the city/fans through the biggest spectacle of the year.

Doesn't play against the Lightning team that he's been strongly linked to since before the trade from Ottawa so that he can't do anything to alienate the members of that team

I think we can all see where this is going. :sarcasm:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Doesn't play in the All-star game to avoid getting attached to the city/fans through the biggest spectacle of the year.

Doesn't play against the Lightning team that he's been strongly linked to since before the trade from Ottawa so that he can't do anything to alienate the members of that team

I think we can all see where this is going. :sarcasm:

Yep. At this point in time, whatever reason it takes for him to not re-sign here. Also, people keep saying that if he wants 'more' money he will hit UFA. What are people expecting? That some team will pay him 15.9M x 7 years?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think it is definitely 100% sure that Mark Giordano replaces Karlsson if he can't go.
Supposedly the league wants the Sharks to have 3 representatives and I think Hertl is more deserving of it than Couture. If they pick someone from another team, then Giordano makes the most sense.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Supposedly the league wants the Sharks to have 3 representatives and I think Hertl is more deserving of it than Couture. If they pick someone from another team, then Giordano makes the most sense.
Couture deserves it based on similar production. Plus he never gets the credit he deserves for being one of a few players in league history to have 30+ pts in a playoff run.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
*SOLD*
I have 1 extra ticket to both days of All-Star events for $250. Section 211, row 8. You'd be sitting with one of my STH partners.

Last edited:

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Just talked to my sister who lives in SF. Neither she nor her husband, who works in SJ, had heard anything about the all-star game. They aren't hockey fans but are early 30's and up to date about what happens in the bay area + know i like the sharks and keep ears out for sharks stuff. But still, not one word about it.

Was there any marketing for it? i've heard others make not of this too, i'm just curious why it hasnt been big news

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just talked to my sister who lives in SF. Neither she nor her husband, who works in SJ, had heard anything about the all-star game. They aren't hockey fans but are early 30's and up to date about what happens in the bay area + know i like the sharks and keep ears out for sharks stuff. But still, not one word about it.

Was there any marketing for it? i've heard others make not of this too, i'm just curious why it hasnt been big news

I go to San Jose State and never heard anything about it around campus.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Rusanowsky will be calling game on radio. Also moderating some forums.

Bakes said he was doing some ASG stuff too.

Jon Root said he's doing stuff at game as well.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I won’t be going cuz work related issues, but I’m making my sister go for me with my dad. She hates sports but loves taking photos of herself and “living her best life” so it’ll be an interesting experience for my dad who’s diehard sharks.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
Man, that's disappointing.
All of the Bay Area is all Warriors right now unless the sharks make the finals but even then the warriors will most likely be finishing up in the western finals and that’ll be the #1 story. As good as the sharks been for decades they need to win a damn cup. Basketball trumps hockey in the bay and always will that’s just the facts.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
All of the Bay Area is all Warriors right now unless the sharks make the finals but even then the warriors will most likely be finishing up in the western finals and that’ll be the #1 story. As good as the sharks been for decades they need to win a damn cup. Basketball trumps hockey in the bay and always will that’s just the facts.

Yea, i get that, but to hear nothing? his office is walking distance from SAP Center and didnt know about it.

It is what it is, i guess

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
that has nothing to do with bad advertising

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
There's been no advertising down here. You wouldn't know if was happening unless you drive by the arena and see the tank getting banners and decorations outside. I guess they have a fan zone thing going on at the convention center, but I wouldn't have known that unless I got the email from the Sharks. I won't put this on the Sharks.... This is an NHL event and they didn't do anything to promote it. Sharks are just the host building and San Jose the host city.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
There's been no advertising down here. You wouldn't know if was happening unless you drive by the arena and see the tank getting banners and decorations outside. I guess they have a fan zone thing going on at the convention center, but I wouldn't have known that unless I got the email from the Sharks. I won't put this on the Sharks.... This is an NHL event and they didn't do anything to promote it. Sharks are just the host building and San Jose the host city.
whats annoying though is the fanzone is exactly what they should have been advertising. A nice family affair to get people engaged with the sport

Reactions: SharksFan1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad