GDT: 2019 ALDS: (1) Houston Astros vs (WC2) Tampa Bay Rays - HOU wins 3-2

ALDS

• Total voters

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I would rather do that and even if you lose you've got both him and Cole for game 5. Now if you lose and Cole does not have it on Thursday you're screwed
Miley would have been an automatic loss and conceding game 4. They can still win this game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They needed to get ahead early. Still a LONG way to go but the Ray are in a great position to take this one back to Houston. They're ready to hit again at least. Keep at it boys. Just one inning at a time. Looking good

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Verlander is all over the place. I was not very impressed by him in game 1 and can't really say I'm all that surprised about this tonight. I hate to say it but I'd have never guessed he was on short rest right now because he looks just like game 1 right now except the Rays aren't gunshy at the plate anymore.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Verlander is all over the place. I was not very impressed by him in game 1 and can't really say I'm all that surprised about this tonight. I hate to say it but I'd have never guessed he was on short rest right now because he looks just like game 1 right now except the Rays aren't gunshy at the plate anymore.

I agree with some of this....although I do believe Verlander was just 'vintage' in Game 1.
Rays looked 'gushy' because he made them look that way.

That said, Tyler Glasnow matched him pitch for pitch...up until the Stros finally broke through.
Game was definitely closer than some airheads seem to think, but at the end of the day, the better team did win that day.

Verlander on short rest? Could backfire on Houston, although I still would like to see TB do a partial clown pounding on him and get him out before he gets in any kind of rhythm.
At the very least, make him work, get his pitch count up, so that, combined with short rest, TB can take shots at the bullpen.

Rays HAVE to take advantage of any and all runners in scoring position and not take anything for granted...I was already stressing a bit over the fact they left two in scoring position in the first, despite the fact they put up a nice 3-spot.
Call me greedy, but I was wanting a 5-spot! :naughty:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Where in the hell did all these Tampa fans show up from? Would be nice if they could show up more than once every few years.

Also, as someone who hasn't paid attention to the MLB playoffs so far and hasn't looked through this thread, is there a good reason why Verlander is going on three days rest in a must win for Tampa Bay?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No idea why they don't challenge that. Should have challenged that play at 1st last inning too. You don't really have anything to lose

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Where in the hell did all these Tampa fans show up from? Would be nice if they could show up more than once every few years.

Also, as someone who hasn't paid attention to the MLB playoffs so far and hasn't looked through this thread, is there a good reason why Verlander is going on three days rest in a must win for Tampa Bay?

Not too sure, Verlander would be my go to for game 5.
Why waste him here?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

They all came 30-40 miles away from Hillsborough county where the stadium SHOULD be. No one lives in St. Pete. Come 5 PM any day you've got 28,000 cars heading OUT of the city towards Tampa and less than half that coming back the other way from Tampa

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Fans show up for postseason baseball. Even in underperforming cities. Oakland had great turnout for the play in game.

Marlin fans come out of the wood work when they went to the World Series before vanishing into the mist.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Lmao I love AJ trolling Joe and trying to bait him about where he’s gonna manage next year and the awkward silence that follows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad