GDT: 2019 ALDS: (1) Houston Astros vs (WC2) Tampa Bay Rays - HOU wins 3-2

ALDS

• Total voters

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I honestly think they would draw good crowds if they played in the Marlins stadium.

i don’t hate the Rays, I just don’t like their stadium.

They need to build in the Tampa area. People rightfully dump on the Trop and the attendance issues but I'm a drop in the bucket and the damn thing is 50 minutes away from me and I live in a county even smaller than Hillsbourgh (Pasco) and we half half a million people.... the Lightning have sold out 200+ consecutive games. If you got the Rays here you'd draw about 21,000 on a Tuesday night no problem.

Reactions: Master P

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That's what I'm guessing. He or Morton can probably back up Glasnow if he gets in trouble early. It'll be interesting to see what the Astros do. I wonder if they will probably throw Cole on short rest -probably not the best idea considering tonight's result. Either way I'm up for anything in game 5. If we win I won't be the least bit surprised. If we lose then I won't be the least bit surprised.
Cole will be on regular rest. He pitched Saturday.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Obviously no way he is not worse than game 2. I would still be surprised if Tampa pulls this off. This sort of feels like Carolina Washington game 7 last year. A miracle was needed and it happened but I don't know if I see it here.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The idea of that circus tent deciding an ALCS game infuriates me.
giphy.gif

I love you buddy

Reactions: Master P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yankees don't really benefit a ton if Houston advances as all it really does is change the order of the rotation for games 1-2-3 to Grienke-Verlander-Cole from the preferred Cole-Verlander-Grienke but Cole could go in a decisive game 7 if it got there. Yankees would destroy Tampa

Yankees absolutely prefer Grienke in game 1 or Verlander on four days rest over Cole in game 1.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Yea, i wonder what happens IF the Trop ever hosts a WS game

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Yea, i wonder what happens IF the Trop ever hosts a WS game
And its high and it's far and it hits the catwalk!!!! Is that fair or foul? Is it a home run or is it in play??? The umps are signaling it's a home run, the rays have won the world series!!!!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Glasnow has nothing. All his pitches are up. The three hits were on 0-1 pitches. If you’re giving up hits ahead in the count you’re in trouble

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I wouldn’t have let him face another hitter. This has the feeling of he will get Alvarez then allow a two run homer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad