GDT: 2019 ALDS: (1) Houston Astros vs (WC2) Tampa Bay Rays - HOU wins 3-2

ALDS

• Total voters

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh. You're going off of season results, not actual pitching quality as of now and going forward.

When you remove guys like Luzardo, Puk and Montas of course it is, but that's disingenuous.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Oh. You're going off of season results, not actual pitching quality as of now and going forward.

When you remove guys like Luzardo, Puk and Montas of course it is, but that's disingenuous.

I think he meant Tampa's pitching is better THIS year than Oakland which based on his last post is the case. Going forward you're right that the A's have a great young rotation but the Rays top 3 is serious.

Game 1: Justin Verlander vs. Tyler Glasnow
Game 2: Gerrit Cole vs. Blake Snell
Game 3: Zack Greinke vs. Charlie Morton

That's must see TV

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think he meant Tampa's pitching is better THIS year than Oakland which based on his last post is the case. Going forward you're right that the A's have a great young rotation but the Rays top 3 is serious.

Game 1: Justin Verlander vs. Tyler Glasnow
Game 2: Gerrit Cole vs. Blake Snell
Game 3: Zack Greinke vs. Charlie Morton

That's must see TV
Rays pitching is no joke.

......But I don't see a guy like Pagan sustaining it next year. Watched him a ton last season with Oakland, hard fastball that he keeps elevated. This year he's missed bats, but the previous 2 years he was hit deep a lot. I think next year he'll regress quite a bit. Plus, relievers are so volatile from year to year, anyway.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Rays...Astros...

Let's GOOOOOOOOO

giman.gif

Reactions: Master P

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Glasnow looked like he got into a bit of trouble, but fortunately, he wasn't hit hard.... infield single, bloop hit....then he gets the next guy to line out to end the inning.

Good confidence booster for him.
He looks really nervous out there....1st MLB playoff start against a WS favorite may do that to a guy....but so far, so good.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Rays offense needs to hurry the hell up and do something. Glasnow got in a little trouble but it was kinda flukey. He's been fine. But the Rays bats gotta start giving support. How long can you really go before the Astros break through? A few runs are expected. Doesn't mean you're gonna lose but you can't win 0-0. Let's see if the Rays can do it now

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
The Rays offense needs to hurry the hell up and do something. Glasnow got in a little trouble but it was kinda flukey. He's been fine. But the Rays bats gotta start giving support. How long can you really go before the Astros break through? A few runs are expected. Doesn't mean you're gonna lose but you can't win 0-0. Let's see if the Rays can do it now

I hear ya.

But Verlander has the Rays batters off balance...they simply aren't able to square anything up.

Plus....TB is keeping Houston to no runs so far.
Minus..... Rays ain't doing anything against Verlander either.

And you are right...Houston is chomping at the bit to get a run or two across....then the pressure shifts massively to the Rays.

Let's go Diaz...

EDIT: Nevermind… Diaz hit into an easy grounder even before I finished out my post..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad